nVidia drivers issue

I tried LiveUSB but if I boot with default nonfree drivers it freezes during boot I have to select free to get it to boot why is that ? After installing OS to SSD drivers not installing...

Either your GPU is not supported by the NVIDIA drivers, or you are not waiting long enough for it to boot.

1 Like

what gpu are you using?

I have GP104 GTX 1080 trying to install drivers

╰─λ sudo mhwd -a pci nonfree 0300
[sudo] password for techxero:         
> Using config 'video-chaotic-nvidia-dkms-tkg' for device: 0000:0e:00.0 (0300:10de:1b80) Display controller nVidia Corporation GP104 [GeForce GTX 1080]
> Installing video-chaotic-nvidia-dkms-tkg...
Sourcing /etc/mhwd-x86_64.conf
Has lib32 support: true
Sourcing /var/lib/mhwd/db/pci/graphic_drivers/chaotic-nvidia-dkms-tkg/MHWDCONFIG
Processing classid: 0300
Sourcing /var/lib/mhwd/scripts/include/0300
Processing classid: 0302
:: Synchronizing package databases...
error: target not found: chaotic-nvidia-utils
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 community is up to date
 multilib is up to date
 chaotic-aur is up to date
Error: pacman failed!
Error: script failed!

It is supported. Tried installing directly through pamac said installed but upon reboot nothing..

Any help would be great

1 Like

Installing video drivers in the Live ISO does not work, because after reboot, everything is lost.

5 Likes

You must have missed the part where I said after install.. I already installed OS on SSD drivers not working..

This will be the problem - and may well explain why people are having difficulty booting this installer version.

Either the package is missing, or the wrong name is being used within mhwd.

2 Likes

I cam to same conclusion. Could be due to Chaotic-AUR data loss mentioned on main page... But if you look at screenshot you see that if installed through pamac it installs fine but doesn't work xD

1 Like

Sorry. You are right.
Your issue seems primarily about proper chaotic mirrors configuration.
Have you updated packages after installation?
Please start from there and then try again with nvidia installation.

1 Like

I restarted 3 times. I only select worldwide and US mirrors.. Same issue...

1 Like

You must have missed the part where I said... :laughing:
Please read my post and click to the link.

Like I said I restarted 3 times following everything, Mirrors updated, Packages updated, pamac replaced with pamac-all etc..

Great!
Please post

pacman -Qm
grep Server /etc/pacman.d/chaotic*
2 Likes

@petsam

Also if you look here chaotic-nvidia-utils is nowhere to be found
http://chaotic.bangl.de/chaotic-aur/x86_64/

Missing.... Should be chaotic-nvidia-utils-tkg ... Wrong package name

3 Likes

New isos with working NVIDIA stuff are building currently :slight_smile:
Also there is a new chaotic-mirrorlist, if you want to use a german mirror you can go with mine (chaotic.dr460nf1r3.me), bangl is out of sync as per latest chaotic-mirrorlist.

5 Likes

It's Ok I haven't installed anything yet, will wait for new ISOs... Thanks for that. Can't wait to get it up and running. Let me know when new ISOs are up !

2 Likes

Which one do you need?

Both KDE Dr460nized versions.. Gaming n regular

https://builds.garudalinux.org/iso/garuda/dr460nized/210104/garuda-dr460nized-linux-tkg-bmq-210104.iso.torrent

Gaming building

1 Like

Thanks. Fingers crossed this works.

1 Like