Nvidia driver not working after recent update

I didn’t say your issue was an “Nvidia thing”, nor did I say it was anything else. I said it was not related to the thread you posted in, for which the solution is as simple as starting the relevant display manager. You can see how your issue is different, right?

If you want to test your theory that Plymouth is related to your issue, try downgrading plymouth-git, switching to plymouth, or removing the splash kernel parameter.

If you want help troubleshooting your issue, post the output of garuda-inxi into the thread, and also describe in detail what happens when you work through the steps in the resource linked above.

Edit:

I see what you mean, when I moved your post I had to name the thread something and I blamed your Nvidia driver for your issue (seems like the most obvious cause). Feel free to rename it if you like by clicking the pencil icon to make an edit.

Edit 2:

Just to rule out a simple misunderstanding:

When you say " goes to a blank screen", do you mean “goes to a fully-functioning TTY where I can log in and execute commands”? If so, try starting the display manager as mentioned back on the hijack.

1 Like