Not able to install with btrfs partitions

how did you create usb
use etcher if you are creating live usb from windows

1 Like

Tried using PowerISO

only dd method works

2 Likes

Have you even searched the error you received.?

There is no shortage of information on this error code on the internet. I would concentrate on threads dealing with similar Arch based OS's first (ie Manjaro & EndeavourOS).

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-m&sxsrf=ALeKk03g7V0UOfTEs_OMStt0kgpZpthQlA%3A1605116009860&q=Manjaro++unknown+filesystem+entering+rescue+mode+grub+rescue&oq=Manjaro+EndeavourOS+unknown+filesystem+entering+rescue+mode+grub+rescue&aqs=heirloom-srp..

And in the future please refrain from posting error messages as a picture. What this says to others on the forum is that you are too lazy to type the error message into an internet search engine and you expect us to do it for you. I am not your paid internet search assistant I suggest you learn to use Google, DuckDuckGo, or any other of the competent search engine out there.

You give everyone on this forum the impression that you want everyone to do for you while you are unwilling to help yourself.

I lost count of the times you were asked to post the logs of your Calamares installation attempts.

Again learn to search if you can't understand what others are telling you.

I also asked you to post your system specs and gave you the command to find this information again you never provided the requested info.

No one is going to waste their time helping someone who will not post the required outputs that are requested. You need to learn how to help yourself before you go posting a hundred questions and expecting others to jump to your aid.

Users such as yourself sorely test the patience of forum assistants. This is a completely free distro that doesn't even take donations. It is funded and supported out of the pockets and time of those who love Linux and Garuda.

You are not endearing yourself to anyone who attempts to help others here. Before you post another question here I suggest you spend a couple of hours searching for information of how to use and install Linux.

In my opinion Multi-booting is only for advanced users and you definitely are not an advanced user. You may need to chroot to correct your boot issues, and from your behaviour so far I can guarantee you no one is going down that road with you.

If you want a Garuda install I would recommend either following @librewish's advice on using etcher, or I would use dd to burn your boot image.

Then the easiest method to install Garuda is in a single OS installation. This way you can let the installer automatically setup your install correctly. Multi-booting is only asking for severe problems down the road. Even if you get Garuda installed, inevitably eithe Garuda or Windows will destroy the the other OS's ability to boot and you will be back in this mess all over again.

Dual or Multi-booting is only for those very experienced with managing the difficulties. I consider my self a semi - competent Linux user and I gave up Multi-booting Linux over 15 years ago. I always install separate OS's to a separate drive and never use 2 OS's together. I use hardware solutions to swap drives, not a boot mismanager.

(Edit)

Also be sure to checksum the ISO you downloaded to be sure it is not corrupt. Again, search this information if you do not know how to checksum an image.

4 Likes