Nohang and nohang-git conflict

Hello all,

Newbie here, both to Linux and to the Garuda forums. I'm having a bit of trouble upgrading my system. It seems that upgrading breaks dependencies of ffmpeg-compat-57, and I'm unsure how to proceed. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Output below:

sudo pacman -Syu
[sudo] password for tomcat:
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core                                                                                                                                  131.3 KiB   959 KiB/s 00:00 [-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
 extra                                                                                                                                1636.2 KiB  7.57 MiB/s 00:00 [-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
 community                                                                                                                               5.5 MiB  10.9 MiB/s 00:01 [-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
 multilib                                                                                                                              150.0 KiB  12.2 MiB/s 00:00 [-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
 chaotic-aur                                                                                                                           882.8 KiB  1259 KiB/s 00:01 [-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade...
:: Replace hunspell-en_US with extra/hunspell-en_us? [Y/n] y
warning: libldac: local (2.0.2.3-3) is newer than extra (2.0.2.3-1)
warning: spotify: local (1:1.1.42.622-2) is newer than chaotic-aur (1.1.46.916.g416cacf1-4)
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
:: nohang and nohang-git are in conflict. Remove nohang-git? [y/N] y
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: installing x265 (3.5-1) breaks dependency 'libx265.so=192-64' required by ffmpeg-compat-57

Why is this package installed? If nothing depends on it, remove it, then try updating again.

4 Likes

That did the trick. I went down a rabbit hole of dependencies looking at x265 and libx265.so=192-64. My own stupid mistake. ffmpeg-compat-57 was only an optional dependency for Spotify to play local files, and I have other ways to do that.
Thank you! Marked as solved.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.