New user in trouble

Hi, I’m totally new to Linux, so I don’t know almost anything about how it works, I chose this distribution because I found it quite intuitive and easy to get started with this O.S.
I hope you have patience with me, and you can help me in some doubts.
I am trying to install from Pacman, the Synfig application, but when it seems that it is completed, the following error appears. I’m in the latest version of Garuda Lite, and as a graphical environment, I chose Xfce.

hooks could not be executed (to me it appears in Spanish, it is my language, I don’t speak English, I use a translator, I hope you understand well what the error is).

P.S. I have detected right now that with the updates of everything, through Pacman, the same thing is happening to me.

Although this has actually happened to me with other apps, I have tried to Google solutions, and by trying them what I got was to destabilize the system, so I reinstalled it.
Someone can help me, thank you very much.

1 Like

1 Like

Captura de pantalla_2020-08-04_07-51-46

1 Like

You have to install system with
btrfs as file system

It is mandatory with garuda

But if you dont want to

Remove following packages from your system

sudo pacman -Rnsc grub-btrfs timeshift-autosnap
3 Likes

And if you have installed system with btrfs

Then open

Timeshift

And run the first run setup
And set it in btrfs mode

3 Likes

Thanks, I thought I was going crazy.
To install Garuda, I followed the instructions on a website to install Linux, using ext4 as a file format, with custom partitions.
I have a partition that I use with Windows so I don’t lose sensitive data, and if I used the Garuda installation wizard, it was more than likely that I would lose everything.
Is there a guide on how to install manually? (choosing partitions and their sizes).

Thank you very much, and best regards.

2 Likes

you do what you did with ext4

just use btrfs instead of ext4

and follow that guide

but you dont have to reinstall system now

just remove grub-btrfs and timeshift-autosnap
package
and updating your system will work

but doing this you loose automatic snapshots before update

5 Likes

The only problem is with garuda-common-settings and performance-tweaks