New installation issues

Hello all,

In the past I've successfully installed Garuda. Recently though I'm interested in trying it more extensively. I've run into a bit of an issue. I can't log in. Like the password is correct and it tries to show me the startup screen and then it just immediately goes right back to the login screen.

I can verify the password is correct because when I enter the wrong password it tells me the password is wrong.

Completely fresh install.

Any suggestions?

Wich one?

Again :slight_smile:

Read

please
and post terminal in- and output from

inxi -Fza

as text!

Even if you personally think it is unnecessary.

and
:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Did you use manual partitioning or re-use a home directory?

Switch to a TTY, login as root and ensure that you home directory is mounted and the permissions are correct.

6 Likes

Do you still have the iso? It would be possible that a problematic iso installed corrupted packages on your system so please match the checksums of ur iso

1 Like

That's strange. If this happens with a new ISO, then it maybe a bug, so provide more info to find it.

But I agree with @dalto guess for an old home folder.

This issue is not uncommon, but depending on DE/DM there are different possibilities.

4 Likes

It probably isn't a bug i just reset my PC using a fresh ISO of dragonized its probably a user end issue.

I'm having the same issue, used garuda-dr460nized-linux-zen-210720.iso for the installation.

On login, I see the Garuda Welcome Screen for 1 or 2 seconds and then I'm back at the login screen.

And this is a fresh installation.

Try this one
garuda-dr460nized-linux-zen-210729.iso

I just did, still having the same issue, however, I can login through the virtual terminal ALT+F3.

Is there a command I can run to see what the issue maybe?

In TTY

journalctl -b -p3
loginctl list-sessions
loginctl session-status [ID]  # get the ID from previous command

For more options for loginctl (unlock sessions etc.) and filtering journal, check manuals

man loginctl
man journalctl
3 Likes

I was experiencing a similar or the same issue with my fresh install on a nvidia optimus laptop with graphic switching enabled, and with an external display connected to my computer. Running sddm through the ctrl+alt+f3 terminal I was able to see error messages about the displays, so I tried disconnecting my external display. This allowed me to login normally, and after a round of post-install updates I'm able to login with that display connected. I can't remember the exact error message, so apologies for that.

1 Like

I kind of figured that out when I tried again at work, where I didn't have an external monitor I managed to login and run the updates.

Thank you for the confirmation!

This is a known issue with SDDM/KDE. First time is safer to start with only one monitor. After setup, it's OK to add external monitors.
Plasma has a big issue with multihead, so they created a specific bug tracker tag for that, to focus on fixing all issues.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.