New dr460nized KDE version

I am impressed about the boot speed and the look of the created build. And its small because not so many apps are installed by default.
Some bugs appeared in my case.
In calamares it did not shown the window for keyboard chosing. I changed it later in settings but it stayed in default english. Its hard to type even in terminal if you are not familar with the english keyboard.
In file manager is not possible to right click with mouse, the window appears if I click and disappears. Drag and drop results in freezing or logging out.
In latte the same if you want change the position of an icon. the icon of pacman manager changes after I leave the pacman manager to a white icon.
The garuda boot option I can not reach, not on clicking in gui or via terminal. I would need an editor to change options.
In Firefox the 3 buttons in the corner are not visible, but they are there, you have to guess where is what. lol. in Brave you can see them.

3 Likes

You are running wayland session

You can run gui apps in sudo with

Kdesu -c garuda-boot-options -platform wayland

Or
Logout then login with xorg session

5 Likes

KDE settings or Garuda settings? Check both for misconfiguration.

Since it seems you are running Wayland, try X11 instead as @librewish suggested, idk how stable Plasma + Wayland is currently.

2 Likes

And

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

yeah it seems to solve the most problems.
Keyboard I changed in KDE settings and in xorg it works fine now.
Drag and drop and mouse right click work in xorg as well without any problems.
only the icon of pacman manager in latte and the buttons in firefox appear only in full screen in the top bar. General I never change the size of the opened browser.
But thx for the solutions. Is it a general problem with wayland or a kind of settings only?

2 Likes

Most of your issues are wayland related as you might have noticed.
Did you enable the titlebar in Firefox? Its supposed to be enabled and window buttons are supposed to show in the top bar only when the window is maximized. You can however disable this behaviour if you dont like it this way :slight_smile:
Can you try unpinning and pinning pamac again? Its indeed weird because its not started via a .desktop unlike most other applications

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums @AndyBrB :wave:

4 Likes

After several reboots the icon of pacman manager stays in new design. I have no idea why. lol. Only Viber brought his own known icon to latte even in menue and in /usr/share/application is the right new icon. I did not found out from where viber took it. But thx so far for the help. I am only did not expected that with wayland are so many problems. Thats why I have had not the idea wayland cold be the reason.

Thx for the welcome messages.

2 Likes

A question about the dr460nized KDE version. Does it implement the BtrFS. I hope it does

3 Likes

all editions of garuda comes with btrfs and performance tweaks and plymouth + grub :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Thats like the standart features every edition implements :smiley: even barebones got these :+1:

5 Likes

Holy snot! I experience the same right-click problems in Dolphin. I had no idea I was logging in to a Wayland session.

The whole dr469nized Plasma is nicely done. And beautiful! After I ditched the panelized appmenu it was even better. :wink:

regards

4 Likes