Need help with installing google chrome on garuda

Hello Garuda users.

need help with installing google chrome on garuda

Welcome to the community @soumodeep8961. :slightly_smiling_face:

sudo pacman -S google-chrome

sudo pacman -S google-chrome
[sudo] password for soumodeep:
error: failed to init transaction (unable to lock database)
error: could not lock database: File exists
if you're sure a package manager is not already
running, you can remove /var/lib/pacman/db.lck

It gives this error

Please, read.

In terminal

fixpacman

is

alias fixpacman='sudo rm /var/lib/pacman/db.lck'

or use garuda-assistant.
And follow next time the template, post garuda-inxi, and before use the seach functions from web and Garuda Linux.

Sorry, I did not check
bluishhumility 3 hours — Garuda Community → Unsupported Software (AUR & Other)

1 Like

If you are running an update, you need to wait until it finishes. Then try again. Otherwise you must delete the db.lck file as SGS described.

They originally posted in Garuda Community and it’s their first post so the template was missed.

@soumodeep8961 this is the template we use for topics posted in Issues & Assistance

Hello Garuda users.

Please read the following template before requesting assistance:

Please post the terminal/konsole input and output as text (no pictures) from the following command:

garuda-inxi

Refusing to post the output of the required “garuda-inxi” on a help request will likely result in you not receiving any help from the Garuda team. A failure to provide your system specs may also result in your thread being closed without notice, (as without this information providing assistance is often next to impossible).

Before opening a new help request, please search the Arch and Garuda Wiki’s, and read any relevant sections related to your issue. Also, thoroughly search any error messages in the forum’s search engine and on the web. For in depth information on how to search for answers to Linux issues effectively, read the tips on the Garuda Wiki:

How to search for solutions the right way | Garuda Linux wiki

Please report in detail everything you have already attempted to solve your problem.

The template above should be deleted before posting your help request.

2 Likes

so the thing is i installed google using garuda-assistant and it got installed but the thing is google crashes rightaway after i open it, anyone got any solution? And definitely i will use correct templates from next time

Try launching it from the terminal, to see if there is any informative output when it crashes.

google-chrome

Please also post the output of:

garuda-inxi

Paste as text into the thread, and use the preformatted text button (looks like this: </>) to format as a code block.

Its fixed man, i reinstalled Google Chrome and its fixed for me

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.