Multiboot usb not detecting garuda iso

SO i was using this software called multibootusb mention in this MultiBoot USB - Preparing the multiboot USB
I have 3 isos in it kali linux, ubuntu and garuda, the garuda iso seems to have the grub folder listed as a pre condition in the faq of the software kali and ubuntu are detected but not garuda why?

If you need multiboot usb, I'd recommend going with Ventoy instead. No need to format the drive after setting it up for the first time and you can just copy new isos to the stick to have it available as booting option.

5 Likes

Try Disabling Secure Boot

3 Likes

Ventory doesnt work with garuda linux it says took too long to boot reverting back

Ventory works with Garuda Linux.
Either the download is faulty or you have removed the USB stick without ejecting it safely.
Some file browsers say they are ready but they are not.
Even with rsync there is a

sync

is necessary.

2 Likes

But the download works fine with rufus so option a is ruled out, whereas other iso's boot fine so option b is crossed out too

wrong

Rufus is a utility that helps format and create bootable USB flash drives, such as USB keys/pendrives, memory sticks, etc.

Rufus has nothing to do with Ventoy

“Ventoy is an open source tool to create bootable USB drive for ISO/WIM/IMG/VHD(x)/EFI files.
With ventoy, you don’t need to format the disk over and over, you just need to copy the ISO/WIM/IMG/VHD(x)/EFI files to the USB drive and boot them directly.
You can copy many files at a time and ventoy will give you a boot menu to select them”

Check sha sum before and after you copying it to VENTOY.

But since you know better, I’ll close here.

2 Likes

Yeah i know that, wrong choice of words. It works fine when the same iso is flashed.

After a bad experience with installing a bad arch iso i always verify sha checksums some times even Twice!

One thing to help yourself and us here understand the problem is that you try with multi-boot clean Garuda image. If you can boot successfully, it must be problem with the multi-boot setup. If it still doesn't, then it must be problem with either your method of flashing, or your hardware or BIOS/UEFI configuration, which can be thought of later.

and after too?

Would have saved me a lot of time if you’d been paying attention.

Don’t know what this means, but that is the solution.

1 Like

If the grub entries in the tutorial need modification, we could try some tests.
Sadly I’m on vacation now. Maybe after a week or so can start troubleshooting. :beach_umbrella:

3 Likes