More Keyring Issues, Corrupted Stuff

Hi everyone, this is just a feedback, as I was able to solve the problem with forum tutorials, but, yes, I’ve been facing keyring issues and since the Garuda System Maintenance was made to work around this kind of situations by itself on the background (as far as I know), I thought it would be a good idea to give a feedback.
By any means I may have just been unlucky with updating my system in the wrong time or anything alike.

~Please disconsider the post if you think the feedback was uncalled for, misplaced or unecessary.

The error I’ve been having is this:

error: XXX : signature from “XXX” is invalid
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/XXX.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).

Where XXX means, of course, any name that might appear, since the error appeared with various signatures in the last 3 updates. Want a more solid example? This is the error I just got an hour ago
error: athenaeum-git: signature from "Nico Jensch (Chaotic-AUR) <[email protected]>" is invalid
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/athenaeum-git-v2.3.2.r0.b0cd237-1-any.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] y
error: python-py3nvml: signature from "Nico Jensch (Chaotic-AUR) <[email protected]>" is invalid
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/python-py3nvml-0.2.7-1-any.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: gwe: signature from "Nico Jensch (Chaotic-AUR) <[email protected]>" is invalid
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/gwe-0.15.4-1-any.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: legendary: signature from "Nico Jensch (Chaotic-AUR) <[email protected]>" is invalid
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/legendary-0.20.20-1-any.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: minigalaxy: signature from "Nico Jensch (Chaotic-AUR) <[email protected]>" is invalid
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/minigalaxy-1.1.0-3-any.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: protontricks-git: signature from "Nico Jensch (Chaotic-AUR) <[email protected]>" is invalid
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/protontricks-git-1.6.2.r0.g3a97074-1-any.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: python-pypresence: signature from "Nico Jensch (Chaotic-AUR) <[email protected]>" is invalid
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/python-pypresence-4.2.1-1-any.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature))
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

It’s clear I had a “dr460nf1r3” signature problem this time, but the other previous weeks were a bit more mixed up, although unfortunately I didn’t save the exact errors that appeared.

To update my system I only run the update command from the Garuda devs exatcly every Monday. I haven’t myself messed up with any config files for that matter because I have no idea how to do this kind of system-level things, so I assume I’m having a stock experience.

My solution to the problem everytime was to run these commands:

sudo pacman -Sy archlinux-keyring chaotic-keyring

sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys

Thanks for reading,
On the hope of having made a helpful feedback.

Just use in terminal

update

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes SGS, I did, as I said above and than the error occurred. That's so strange I had to do a feedback!

I got this same error today only with fwupd. I tried all of Garuda's update apps, even informed me via the Garuda System Maintenance app..."partial upgrade" needed. Then tried via Octopi, same error. Nothing worked, but then....

Then I thought I would try Discover, which I never use for updates, and that pushed it through to successfully update that package. So if you are using KDE, try to update via Discover. 🤷🏻

2 Likes

I was getting similar error messages on packages that had to be rebuilt for using the new Python 3.10
Had to reinstall a number of packages.
More info here: PSA: Python 3.10 is in [core]. Rebuild your AUR packages. - r/archlinux

2 Likes

Yeah, I commented on another thread after updating and seeing lots of Python updates, a couple of my apps stopped working. I had to reinstall them, but that only fixed one. Bauh package mgr still doesn't work.

I would advise anyone with app issues that have python dependencies to try and reinstall them.

1 Like

Ya, hopefully packages that don't play nice with 3.10 will be updated soon.
I was lucky enough that I think all the packages that I had to reinstall worked out fine (Garuda Linux KDE Dragonized Gaming ones)

2 Likes

I see someone opened a ticket on Bauh's git page. I added my comment/issue. Yeah, it is both maintainers and users on this one.

1 Like

Yes, strangely this solved the balky updates for myself as well.

I’m guessing this round of python updates will be a real clusterfsck (for those who never check the forum).

1 Like

I agree. Expect more posts like, "Just Delete My Account!." :joy:

Can I get that on a coffee mug with the Garuda Dragon logo?

4 Likes

If this is due to the Python rebuilds then there is some ongoing development to Chaotic-AUR to help smooth these out in future.

4 Likes

A yup, the parade of Python related questions is starting to become pretty regular. I hope it doesn’t continue for too many weeks like when the Pamac dev didn’t update Pamac in a timely manner.

I imagine just like the pacman6 update breakages these posts will be getting old real quick. Most questions would be answered by a couple of minute search on the forum, but that so rarely happens.

:man_shrugging:

3 Likes

It would be a good time to add that if an app is getting the python error and is not working after a reinstall or a 'garuda-update' in terminal, to contact the maintainers of the apps and fill out a bug report.

I have done that, and was just informed the 'bauh' maintainer has submitted an update and it will be in stable in a couple of days.

It is up to the users to take action, there is no middle-person management person between the endpoints like in proprietary/corporate applications.

3 Likes

You can’t seriously expect Windows users to file a bug report!!! :rofl:

3 Likes

:rofl:...or Apple users! Those are the real prima donnas. Getting their hands dirty, oh h*ll no! :joy:

Shh... or the Apple fanbois will be looking to lynch us. :rofl:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.