Merchandising for education

Wouldn't the Garuda team do some merchandising and sell printed t-shirts, posters or stickers?

I am aware that this does not correspond to the philosophy of the Garuda team, which does not depend on income or for other reasons forego income.

Assuming the case, purely hypothetically, that the Garuda team would get involved, the proceeds could go as donations to educational institutions in infrastructural less developed areas.

Education is the best / only way to participate in modern society.

I would be one of the first to order Garuda t-shirts.

Please excuse the reading time that you may have just wasted.

7 Likes

This is a great idea IMHO.

• We have a great artist for this task.
  • The "looks" of Garuda default appearance is one of the reasons attracting media and users, which proves Garuda aesthetics is above average.
  • Selling T-shirts and other accessories is a pure and ethical way of promoting and funding the distro
  • There can be variable charging (setting prices) perspectives. The team can select what best fits.
  • Usage of resulting income can be split in percentages for each cause, for example 50% for donations 50% for running expenses or other.
8 Likes

Well, if somebody has the time to do it - make it happen

IDK about it it doesnt seem right with a linux distro.
But will it be donated to wikipedia?

But will it donate to Wikipedia?

Why Wikipedia?
What does it have to do with Garuda?
Your posts are getting weirder and weirder.

Normal expenses that are imposed on you these days when you want to distribute software.

30 % to apple
30 % to google
10 % to PayPal
30 % Tax

2 Likes

I may be conservative, but also open to everything new.
No risk, no fun, no future :grin:

2 Likes

I went looking for Garuda merchandise recently and was surprised not to find any (I want stickers :). Compared to other distributions, I strongly suspect a higher than average number of Garuda users would be interested in merchandise.

Perhaps something could be set up quite quickly using a service like Redbubble, et al -- prior to developing your own ecommerce capability, if you decide to eventually do that in order to increase margins.