Low memory warning

Currently I started to have low memory warning. My system is 12gb ram, 5gb swappines, and almost 200gb free disk space. I dont see any reason why I would have that warning. When I checked system monitory when I get the warning, my memory usage was 9gb, with only vs-code, vlc, chrome, and kate opened. Can anyone explain

vs-code is a good ide but it is also a memory hog so that might be it.

Yes it is. But still 2.8gb of memory :face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

At this moment my memory reading is 9.6 gb used memory with vs-code 2.7, konsole 1.1gb, franz 754mb, and firefox 753 mb. Where is the rest????

These numbers can differ depending on how usage is actually calculated by the tool used. Where did you get yours from?

1 Like

Ok but why do I have that warning. That's whats bugging me out

I get it from the system-monitor gui memory readings

Its because Nohang is configured to show that message when reaching a certain threshold. Since you seem to have about 17GB RAM/ZRAM, Im pretty sure that 2.8 is "low" :eyes:

warning_threshold_min_mem  = 20 %

Is there a way to change that warning threshold

Values can be set in /etc/nohang/nohang-desktop.conf, after changing them make sure to restart the systemd service to apply the changes (sudo systemctl restart nohang-desktop)

3 Likes