Loud pop sound when turning off, restarting and going into sleep mode

Try narrowing your search down to one aspect at a time and discount posts over a year old. Also narrow the search down to just the Arch forum.

Example, Run a Google search for "Arch Linux loud sound at shutdown" use Google's advanced tools menu to limit time frame to the last year.

https://www.google.com/search?q=limit+google+search+by+date&client=firefox-b-d&sxsrf=ALeKk01B3wzBiq_sN_dS54EObCZRTEYyyw:1609936210623&source=lnt&tbs=qdr:y&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiNpsffp4fuAhXVpJ4KHfIQBWAQpwV6BAgaECQ&biw=1120&bih=521&dpr=1.71

Then search "Arch Linux loud sound at startup" use Google's advanced tools menu to limit time frame to the last year.

Then search "Arch Linux loud sound when suspending" use Google's advanced tools menu to limit time frame to the last year. If one year is too limiting, then expand the search time frame later.

I'm pretty sure I saw valid solutions to your problem on the Arch forum. however I did not bookmark the locations.

I'll give you some further tips to improve your search success rate. 99% of solving most Linux problems is learning good search techniques to find the answer you need. The most important thing is to learn to search methodically. You can only be sure of one thing, there's no way that you're the only one on the entire planet experiencing your issue. You simply need to refine your search skills so that you can locate relevant posts pertaining to your issue. Rarely will you ever encounter an issue that has no information about it online, and usually there are valid solutions posted online as well.

It simply takes patience, perseverance, and good note keeping to solve most any Linux issue. Save any promising pages with information on your issue as webpage complete html format in a directory specifically dedicated to your problem. Firefox has an excellent extension to save a complete webpage in one html file, the extension is called "SingleFile". Also be sure to keep detailed notes with excerpts of the most promising leads to try. Once you have tested any solution (or command) record the results in your notes. Don't leave troubleshooting complex issues to your memory, always record everything you've tried and the result in detailed organized notes for reference later. If you need to reinstall you will want everything recorded so you don't need to repeat your search for the same answer all over again.

When answering help requests on any Linux forum it never ceases to amaze me how many users will post a rather long and unusual error message, but when you ask them what the search results of the error turned up most have never even searched the error message. Error messages contained in dmesg or journalctl logs are your best friend for solving complex problems. Learn how to search your logs for error messages, and then research any error messages you've uncovered online for others with similar errors. This is one of the surest methods to track down what is causing any problem.

It's all about research and record keeping skills when it comes to finding the solution to most any complex Linux problem. Learning these skills is the key to self reliance in Linux. I'll let you in on a little secret, most of the forum support volunteers don't have the solution to most issues on the tips of our tongues. Experienced forum troubleshooters have honed their search skills from years of troubleshooting experience. This simply enables us find answers far easier and quicker than the average user. However, there is absolutely no reason why the average user can't become as equally effective at solving their own issues.

This distribution is all about trying to teach new users how to do for themselves. Spoon feeding new users an answer accomplishes very little (supposing you know the answer), because inevitably the same user will be back in a day or two with a new question they are waiting to be spoon fed once more. We attempt to break this dependency cycle on Garuda by trying to get users to expand there capabilities and become self reliant.

Linux users that don't subscribe to this philosophy think it is rude or elitist to treat new users in this manner. Those involved on the Garuda project disagree. Our philosophy is to promote capable, confident, Garuda users, who in the end don't need to go fishing on the forum for answers anymore. We hope the new users asking questions here when they first joined the forum, will be the ones helping out other users here in a years time. This is our goal at Garuda, and hopefully you can understand why this is beneficial for everyone using the distro in the long run.

Good luck finding tour answer.

4 Likes