Linux & Tech news šŸ“°

Guys you might want to check btop as a resource monitor to replace htop

2 Likes

Bloat. Bloat. Bloat.

:smiley:

1 Like

Kinda ironic you say bloat considering Garuda lol. I'm only teasing haha

1 Like

If anyone is looking for something more on the stable side... :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I was actually thinking of installing the latest Slackware. It was where I cut my teeth (my mentor refused to let me use anything else). There is also a Live CD/USB stable image here: https://download.liveslak.org/

And the latest, possibly less stable build, here: Index of /slackware/slackware-live/slackware64-current-live

And contributions to keep Patrick out of the poorhouse can be made here: Slackware is creating a secure, full featured, bloat-free Linux-based operating system | Patreon or here: PayPal.Me

I'm not pandering for Slackware. I believe we owe something to the oldest Linux distribution in existence. I dislike thinking of where we would be now without distributions like this.

We stand on the shoulders of giants.

5 Likes

and yet I thought:

• has the bottom dev kicked the bucket and joined btop ?
  • has the htop dev kicked the bucket and joined btop ?
  • has the bpytop kicked the bucket and joined btop ? (actually not kicked the bucket, but joined btop at exactly the same time as the main dev :stuck_out_tongue: ( tl;dr its the same person ))
  • has some youtuber made a video about it -> correct answer

:slight_smile:

h>b , so I will only replace htop for itop or next!

EDIT: @Hanuman my post may sound like I am being a jerk, but I am only faking being a jerk... just joking :slight_smile: don't take it badly!

2 Likes

Or, are you only faking that youā€™re faking being a jerkā€¦ :wink:

4 Likes

Nahā€¦ I am not a jerk, really !!! :slight_smile:

This is me and my role in society: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xu50l

1 Like

hey I'm new to Linux, anything shiny that just "works" will get me excited

1 Like

well, check out bottom also:

1 Like

truth be told..... without disrepect for all the work put into it. btop is pretty, but I find myself searching carefully the whole screen to find the information I need.

If I simply need to know CPU usage and what processes take some usage. I instead open htop and view it in a few seconds.

If I want to stare at the screen and take pictures, I open btop.

2 Likes

I just bind system monitor to ctrl shift escape like in Windows as I I like to see the process and kill it easily when it misbehaves

7 Likes

(let's just pretend we didn't run this for months already :face_with_hand_over_mouth:)

Anyways, pretty amazing changelogs as usual. I'm switching to Wayland now, hopefully without encountering issues this time :grin:

10 Likes

Ooh, ooh, ooh, pretty! (been waiting for thisā€“papercut fixes!) :slight_smile:

Somebody has to take one for the team. :wink:

5 Likes

in another news, as talked by everybody...

this has to be the quickest update to firedragon, since firefox 97 was just released yesterday!

6 Likes

Money makes the world go around. :expressionless:

Garuda will never be for sale

until the price is right. :wink:

They will never understand that in the future you just don't use them anymore and the stock market bubble has burst.
But Salthole Zuckerberg has surely already put his $ in safety.

8 Likes

GloriousEggroll made a Fedora based distro called the Nobara Project that is still in the early stages that aims to "fix most of those issues and offer a better gaming, streaming, and content creation experience out of the box...".

Will be interesting to see how it develops considering GloriousEggroll's skill set, and how Fedora is far from gamer friendly out of the box.

The website for it is a rough text based one at the moment, and the distro only comes in Gnome or KDE variants. https://nobaraproject.org/

1 Like

although i am not using mozilla , i use brave but never thought that this shit can also happen , it is literally like making new variants of corona and spreading them instead of making itā€™s vaccine .
(Oh God! looks like the world is changing, I should look to the sun and find whether the sun has risen from west this morning .)

4 Likes

Damn.... I have been so happy with fire dragon ... :frowning: Damn you Mozilla. Only good thing it did these last year's were it forcing me to watch Mr robot

And it's always the same thing... We only know after "months of already working together" ... Such transparency

For all I know Garuda may be already Facebook or Google or apple product !!!!! ( because lets be honest here, Garuda is the hotness on linux right now :stuck_out_tongue: )

1 Like