Latte dock: Multiple layouts warning

Hi,
I have a problem whenever I login to any account I get this error message.
Screenshot_20201218_112300

Even though this is not a big issue, but it is getting a bit annoying. Anyway to solve the problem of "not closing properly" ?.

Remove Latte Dock

3 Likes

Please ignore the warning.

Like if my pc is heating too much, I shouldn’t use pc

:rofl:

2 Likes

OT:

Doctor, when I press here, it hurts.

Doctor

Do not press.

4 Likes

Agree 1,000,000,000%

More like if something is completely broken beyond repair, Don’t use it.

1 Like

Or
My friend: I have an issue
Me : I have found universal solution. Did you try

sudo shazzam alakazzam

It is the best solution

2 Likes

Perhaps, one of the config files is broken: e.g.

.config/latte/.multiple-layouts_hidden.layout.latte

perhaps you could try to restore it to its original state.

I can't speak for the OP, but in my case that's exactly what I did and thought for awhile it was fine. All 3 docks setup, working, behaving through reboots and logoffs, then a couple of days later started getting that message again and I had made no changes to the docks since before it had started to behave. I don't really think it's Latte itself in my case. I think it's either another piece of software messing it up or hardware related, cause I really don't see vary many people having issues with it.

I doubt that it might be hardware related. I assume, you already checked /var/log/messages and found nothing!?

I was messing around with the latte configuration and found an option for "Single" layout. I turned that on, and now don't get that annoying message anymore. Thanks for all you suggestions,

I run Garuda on another Intel based laptop and don't have this issue. So I am wondering if it is actually hardware related. This problem come on my Lenovo Legion 5 with Ryzen 7 4800H, AMD IGPU and nVidia DGPU.

I have a Ryzen 3 3200g and I am leaning heavily towards hardware for whatever reason. For me issues with latte in no way takes away from what is a great OS build.

1 Like

I love your joke. It is called a one-liner. A man named Henny Youngman was the king of the one-liners. Google him. here are my two favorites:

'Take my wife! PLEASE'

'I went to a Psychiatrist.
Doctor asked what is wrong
I said, I get the feeling that people are ignoring me
Doctor says NEXT!'

Oh, I deleted Latte, first time.

5 Likes

Madam, you have won the first prize at bingo, you can choose
a) A trip around the world with your husband
or
b) Wife: I choose b)

5 Likes