Issues with Lutris and KDE Plasma 6 Update - Seeking Advice

Hello Garuda Linux Community,

I’m reaching out for some guidance regarding issues I’ve encountered with my system after the update to KDE Plasma 6, particularly when running games through Lutris, like NBA Live 2004. I’d greatly appreciate any advice or insights you might have.

Problems Encountered:

1. Lutris Theme and Fonts: Post the KDE Plasma 6 update, Lutris doesn’t seem to adopt the system’s theme and fonts anymore. The fonts within Lutris are grainy, and the overall theme now defaults instead of matching the system’s, which was not the case before the update.

2. Game Execution Issues: NBA Live 2004, which is run via Wine through Lutris, now starts in a windowed mode instead of fullscreen. I have been trying various settings within Lutris to get it back to fullscreen mode, but haven’t found a solution.

Troubleshooting Steps Taken:

• Ensured all system packages and Lutris were up to date.
  • Thought about reverting to an older system snapshot before the KDE Plasma 6 update, which seemed to temporarily solve the issues, suggesting the update might be the cause.

I’m curious if there’s a way to selectively update packages, especially to avoid updating to KDE Plasma 6, using package management tools.

Thank you very much for your time and any help you can provide.

I think this will be fixed in the future release. Might actually be a good idea to make this a dependency of dr460nized-settings for that reason :thinking:

Please report back whether it fixes the issue for you.

I think both issues are related to Wayland now being the default.

4 Likes

Thank you for the suggestion! Installing xdg-desktop-portal-gtk indeed resolved the font issues, and maybe even partially fixed the theme inconsistencies. However, switching the application style from Kvantum-dark to Kvantum completely resolved all theming problems. The only issue remaining is getting NBA Live 2004 to run in fullscreen mode. Any further advice on this would be greatly appreciated!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.