Issues updating hwinfo-21.77-1

Arch users are reporting that hwinfo is preventing the update process from completing.
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1997994

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/72440?project=5&string=hwinfo

5 Likes

We know, just wait or --ignore.

If something breaks it's not my fault tho just to make that clear :slight_smile:
Copy and paste from TNE :smiley:

5 Likes

ok, thank you!

1 Like

Thank you for posting here to let Garuda users know too. It shouldn’t take Arch very long to fix - it’s a pretty minor change.

I didn’t know. It’s nice to have things posted here that not all people will know about. :wink:

5 Likes

He was only faster with the post :slight_smile: than us.

2 Likes

I got an info box pop up that asked about overwriting hwinfo or something. I chose 'Yes' to proceed and it seemed to work. I figure I could go running and screaming to Timeshift if it blew up my system.

2 Likes

Thanks, I struggled a couple of minutes before reading this. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We're all brave with timeshift at our backs :wink:

2 Likes

I have obsessive updating disorder XD

1 Like

There are now 12 step programs that deal with this excessive compulsion. Perhaps look for a group near your location to come to grips with this nasty habit. Or, I guess there's always medication, but the key thing is to get some help. Just don't wait too long or you'll find yourself scripting pacman updates every five minutes if you don't seek some treatment.

I've seen this before and it doesn't end well. Please get some help ASAP before it turns into a tragedy.

:wink:

4 Likes

That wouldn't be so good, and I may have that problem myself (Disorder and bug)
But since 8m doesn't stand for 8 months I can wait.

The update was published just now. It should work fine if you make a refresh.
hwinfo-21.77-2

something like

update

or

sudo pacman -Syyu

8 Likes

Thanks for the info that the update was published! I can update just fine now.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.