Installed to USB and this is wierd

I started the install to USB and went to work. Got home and there wasn’t a gui so I opened partition manager and g-parted to find this as the mount point…

Mounted on /tmp/calamares-root-ac6kgpti, /tmp/calamares-root-ac6kgpti/home, /tmp/calamares-root-ac6kgpti/root, /tmp/calamares-root-ac6kgpti/srv, /tmp/calamares-root-ac6kgpti/var/cache, /tmp/calamares-root-ac6kgpti/var/log, /tmp/calamares-root-ac6kgpti/var/tmp

I’ve hopped many distros and not once has this happened. Just curious what it’s all about. Haven’t rebooted yet…

There are a lot of mount points because the filesystem is broken out into several subvolumes (instead of keeping everything in one subvolume), and each top-level subvolume gets its own mount point.

The default fstab looks something like this:

UUID=xxx-xxx               /boot/efi      vfat    defaults,noatime 0 2
UUID=xxxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxxx /              btrfs   subvol=/@,defaults,noatime,compress=zstd 0 0
UUID=xxxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxxx /home          btrfs   subvol=/@home,defaults,noatime,compress=zstd 0 0
UUID=xxxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxxx /root          btrfs   subvol=/@root,defaults,noatime,compress=zstd 0 0
UUID=xxxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxxx /srv           btrfs   subvol=/@srv,defaults,noatime,compress=zstd 0 0
UUID=xxxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxxx /var/cache     btrfs   subvol=/@cache,defaults,noatime,compress=zstd 0 0
UUID=xxxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxxx /var/log       btrfs   subvol=/@log,defaults,noatime,compress=zstd 0 0
UUID=xxxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxxx /var/tmp       btrfs   subvol=/@tmp,defaults,noatime,compress=zstd 0 0
tmpfs                      /tmp           tmpfs   defaults,noatime,mode=1777 0 0
3 Likes

No doubt. Thanks for the quick reply. Going to reboot soon and test it out… successfully I hope.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.