Installation problems

Hello sir,
I am Shourya Pratap and I am having some problems while installing Garuda linux Lxqt, Whenever i make a bootable drive and tried to install Gauda linux lxqt, the boot menu appers, and then I tried to install it but it stucks on the eagle logo, I've tried it almost 10-15 times making a bootable pen drive but the same problem appears. Please help me.
Please reply me as soon as possible--

Removed the contact info as its completely unrelated.

Too much info about yourself and not enough about your system.

Which ISO did you use? Which software did you use to prepare the USB? Did you turn off secure boot? When logo appears, press espape and tell us what the log is saying. What is your hardware?

You need to provide more info. And not about yourself. :grinning:

5 Likes

ISO - garuda-lxqt-kwin-linux-tkg-bmq-210107.iso
Software - Balena etcher
Secure boot - My laptop doesn't have secure boot
Hardware - Laptop - HP Pavilion G4 1303au
CPU - AMD A4 3330MX Dual core
GPU - Amd Radeon HD Graphics
RAM - 2 GB
HDD - 320 GB SATA HDD
Wifi card - Broadcom 802.11n

Is this too low for installer? It doesn’t meet minimum specs.

Minimum requirements:

30 GB storage
4 GB RAM
3 Likes

This also applies to the light weight Lxqt?

1 Like

Hence the question - not sure myself. :slight_smile: I seem to recall it's too low for Calamares.

2 Likes

Hi there,
Due to problems on installing Garuda Linux on machines with less than 4GB RAM, and users not reading minimum requirements, we forcefully barred users from installing Garuda on system with less than 4GB RAM.
But the message should clearly state that.

Also, we will consider removing this for LXQT and other light weight versions in future.

Sorry for inconvenience.

3 Likes

Sorry, I read across the page again :wink:

2 Likes

No we won’t.

4 gb ram is minimum.

If they have less ram then sorry but garuda isn’t for that.

5 Likes

This means that users who do not meet the system requirements for KDE-Plasma are not allowed to download Lxqt.

That's unfair. Excuse me for this harsh word, but this procedure makes me crancy*.

*A mixture of crying and being angry.

A reason for this approach is sure to come right now.

As always with Linux, there is a solution.
But I don't want to get ahead of @librewish.

It's about reducing the inane comments from M$ users complaining why everything doesn't work even though it does on MX Linux and Ubuntu.

That's unfair too
No one reads about the minimal requirements or that VM is not recommended but posting to the world Garuda is crap.

4 Likes

I absolutely understand your arguments. And it must be terribly annoying when the cellphone rings every minute: "Help me, I can't boot" ...
Users who download Lxqt want a lean system with an infinite amount of RAM or they would be happy to use Garuda with minimum requirements.

I don't know and I am wavering what is the best way.

Do your thing and be good.

2 Likes

Btw, @Ansh , I would suggest buying 4GB or 2GB RAM module for your laptop. Pretty cheap, around $15 - $20 for 4GB in India. (Around 1000 to 1500 INR) for 4GB and around $7 - $10 for 2GB. (500-700 INR)
Because even if you don't like Garuda Linux, you will still feel other distros lagging with current specs. In my opinion, it is completely worth to buy a bit more RAM, if you want to run your laptop smoothly.

3 Likes

But i have seen that lxqt-kwin can be installed in 2 gb ram

Open firefox and three tabs and system hangs. For server you can use any other debian distro.

2 Likes

I don't doubt this, but, as @librewish says, it will not happen on Garuda.

That was old versions.

But if you still want to run, edit

etc/calamers/modules/welcome.conf

But, You are on your own risk if you mess up with your machine or the installation hangs

1 Like

Please tell me any solution because i dont have money to purchase ram, because i am only 15 years old. my parents cannot afford that much

1 Like

(going out on a limb here) but the reason would be that the underlying system (utilizing memory etc) has higher requirements despite whatever DE is in use. So as stated, Garuda just isn't suitable for ancient or anemic system.
I would say a more minimal system like Manjaro with a light DE would fit better, or Slackware? (Maybe LUbuntu as it's tailored for laptops with minimal resources)

1 Like