I seem to have misplaced 1G of RAM

free tells me my total physical memory is 14.5G, but it’s supposed to be 15.5(16 actual, minus the 640K). I thought it was the swap buffer, but that’s off and systemd-swap removed.

It doesn’t seem to be allocated as a ram drive (Doesn’t show up on lsblk).

I’m at a loss. Where might I find my missing RAM?

2 Likes

I cant explain well but in short free can not handle the Btrfs system.

Maybe also interesting for you

2 Likes

Thanks, but free is about RAM, not disk space. Though I didn’t know that about BTRFS and free space on the disk, so thanks for the educational post :smile:

3 Likes

User SGS need more coffee :smiley: :wink: :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Some of it might be reserved for an integrated GPU (if you have an integrated GPU), even if you’re using a separate video card.

I’m sure there are ways to check where RAM is being used by the system, but off the top of my head, I don’t know any of the commands.

7 Likes

Oh, DERP

Thank you, @tardy. I forgot I had changed that when I installed Garuda. You know, because mushy brain. :crazy_face:

5 Likes

I always check to see if the car keys are also missing. If so, given those two like to hang out together, i check the deepest reaches of my handbag… its nether-regions, if you like… but if not there, it’s always down the back of the sofa that reveals them.

If only the ram is missing but not the keys, i know it’s serious, hence alert the cops.

3 Likes

Doesn’t everyone like the nether? If they play Minecraft, I mean.

6 Likes