I need help with Manual Partitioning

Actually you didn’t deleted that ,
It says operation pending this means that you didn’t clicked on the apply button after that…
and the process wasn’t completed
I would recommend you to watch some tutorials on how to install garuda linux on youtube
as i can see that you are extremely new to linux (through your post)
And sorry I can’t help in it :worried:

I have had this exact difficulty a couple of times (using Calamares) recently, and it was not an installer failure. Rather, it was a BIOS 'Secure Boot' setting that blocked creating partitions. Even though I had checked/changed that setting just prior to installing, it persisted until I once more entered the BIOS and changed it once again.

I don't believe it has anything to do with Calamares, rather the persistence being yet another conspiracy between Intel & Microsoft. :tinfoil_hat_firmly_adjusted:

BIOS. Secure Boot. Audit Mode.

5 Likes

Oh, thanks c00ter
Actually that was the thing I was missing , I did it too when I was trying to install garuda (disabled secure boot)

Secure boot is not a secure thing for garuda linux :joy:

2 Likes

For me, it was not just enabling/disabling Secure Boot, but also disabling one of the Modes listed under Secure Boot in my (Dell) desktop's (9th Gen.) BIOS. That mode setting (whatever the eff it is), is what did not allow successful partition creation using the Calamares installer.

In retrospect, I believe both recent failures were using Calamares; one of Garuda's and the other a self-created vanilla spin. Both failed at the same partition-creating step, and both had suffered this ridiculous BIOS Secure Boot mode setting re-set. But it has also happened without Calamares.

Anecdotally-speaking it can and has also happened to me with other Arch installers and even a hand-install, which is where I first began suspecting yet another conspiracy. :tinfoil_hat_turns_upside_down:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.