I love the default setup

I just wanted to say that I love this distro and that GNOME works well on my 4GB Ram laptop.

I also wanted to mention that this is the first distro that I didn't have to tweak much more than font size for Firefox. I love the default flags and extensions. This is amazing. I usually spend 20 minutes just setting up Firefox on other distros.

I honestly don't understand how the team made this distro so feature rich in such a short time. Even https://start.garudalinux.org/ is amazingly put together, and I can actually leave it as my homepage on Firefox.

Thanks to all!

I've used Manjaro, Archman, EndeavourOS, Pop, Mint, all the 'Buntus, MX, Fedora, OpenSUSE, and many others. Garuda reminds me of some of the best tools from other distros, particularly the extra tools MX offers.

I can't thank all of you enough.

Edit to add: Being able to get some of my favorite apps with chaotic-aur is another huge benefit. I didn't even realize some of them were prebuilt in other repos outside of AUR.

12 Likes

Yes, there lots of goodies hidden under the hood that you won't realize until you've poked around for awhile.

Welcome to Garuda, and yes the Devs have done an unbelievable job in such a short amount of time.

7 Likes

and

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I've never run MX, but IMHO Garuda is the 'Best of the Best' when it comes to system bells 'n' whistles. All the really cool stuff is under the hood. :slight_smile:

Welcome to Garuda Linux! :smiley:

7 Likes