I got a message I've never seen before

I seem to be here a lot lately. I really like this distro and hope i don't have to switch to another one. Anyway, has anyone ever got this message before? I actually found it in the menu under the internet apps.

```ASSERT INFO:
/usr/src/debug/wxwidgets/wxWidgets-3.2.2.1/src/common/sizer.cpp(2288): assert "CheckSizerFlags(!((flags) & (wxALIGN_RIGHT | wxALIGN_CENTRE_HORIZONTAL | wxALIGN_BOTTOM | wxALIGN_CENTRE_VERTICAL)))" failed in DoInsert(): wxALIGN_RIGHT | wxALIGN_CENTRE_HORIZONTAL | wxALIGN_BOTTOM | wxALIGN_CENTRE_VERTICAL will be ignored in this sizer: wxEXPAND overrides alignment flags in box sizers

DO NOT PANIC !!

If you're an end user running a program not developed by you, please ignore this message, it is harmless, and please try reporting the problem to the program developers.

You may also set WXSUPPRESS_SIZER_FLAGS_CHECK environment variable to suppress all such checks when running this program.

If you're the developer, simply remove this flag from your code to avoid getting this message. You can also call wxSizerFlags::DisableConsistencyChecks() to globally disable all such checks, but this is strongly not recommended.

BACKTRACE:
[1] wxBoxSizer::DoInsert(unsigned long, wxSizerItem*)
[2] wxEntry(int&, wchar_t**)
[3] __libc_start_main

type or paste code here

ASSERT INFO:
/usr/src/debug/wxwidgets/wxWidgets-3.2.2.1/src/common/sizer.cpp(2288): assert "CheckSizerFlags(!((flags) & (wxALIGN_RIGHT | wxALIGN_CENTRE_HORIZONTAL | wxALIGN_BOTTOM | wxALIGN_CENTRE_VERTICAL)))" failed in DoInsert(): wxALIGN_RIGHT | wxALIGN_CENTRE_HORIZONTAL | wxALIGN_BOTTOM | wxALIGN_CENTRE_VERTICAL will be ignored in this sizer: wxEXPAND overrides alignment flags in box sizers

DO NOT PANIC !!

If you're an end user running a program not developed by you, please ignore this message, it is harmless, and please try reporting the problem to the program developers.

You may also set WXSUPPRESS_SIZER_FLAGS_CHECK environment variable to suppress all such checks when running this program.

If you're the developer, simply remove this flag from your code to avoid getting this message. You can also call wxSizerFlags::DisableConsistencyChecks() to globally disable all such checks, but this is strongly not recommended.

BACKTRACE:
[1] wxBoxSizer::DoInsert(unsigned long, wxSizerItem*)
[2] wxEntry(int&, wchar_t**)
[3] __libc_start_main

Please, follow the template, post the garuda-inxi output,
and also explain when this message appears.

WXSUPPRESS_SIZER_FLAGS_CHECK  | wxBoxSizer

The message is harmless, as stated by that message:

If you’re an end user running a program not developed by you, please ignore this message

juniq:

4 Likes

y'all are pretty strict in the Garuda clan eh? Not even allowed to ask questions in r/Garuda. Here you have to adhere to a template., preformat your cli (which I get) but ok, next time i post something I'll have my sh*t wired tight. Templates, preformat the who, what, when and where...you got it chief

Given we are a quite small team answering all those questions in our free time, it makes sense to have common rules to follow. That includes providing necessary information as it prevents having to ask for details :slight_smile:

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.