Hyprland Downloads | 240222 | Fixes | Nvidia

Any news on any new hyprland iso builds?

What does not work after the installation?

The development process is completed so far.
On occasion I try to solve the calamares "problem" why the start of Garuda Welcome does not work.

Ahh nice - I wasn't sure - I'll download it now and test it on nvidia hardware.. I just wasn't sure

1 Like

Report back on your experience with these ISOs and Nvidia please

Maybe you overlooked.

2 Likes

The Hyprland maintainers have pointed out that some Nvidia cards work fine, and some will not work, on a seemingly random basis.

There is no official support for Nvidia. Unfortunately, their drivers are so messy, and their products so random, that it’s impossible for us to help if these instructions don’t work fully.

Every card seems to be random, and might work perfectly, or not work at all.

Nevertheless, it’s recommended to at least try this tutorial.

Each Nvidia user will need to test their specific hardware setup individually to determine if they will be able to get Hyprland working or not. The outcome one person experiences will not indicate anything meaningful for another person, unless they have the exact same hardware configuration.

Go ahead and give it a try for yourself if you have an Nvidia card: Nvidia | Hyprland Wiki

3 Likes

I did see that, hoping for a few more successes before I go ahead and format that disk. Several hundred gb of re-downloads if I do.

You could install Hyprland in separate subvolumes to test it out, and leave your current installation intact. If it doesn't work out, just delete the Hyprland subvolumes.

No need to format your disk, re-download, or redo anything.

1 Like

I do not see a mistake in

exists("/usr/bin/kvantummanager" is true and from terminal sudo -E calamares [-D8] works.
But ...
WTH :slight_smile:

1 Like

Too many solutions for me :smiley:

garuda-welcome
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_buttonCryptpad_clicked()
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_buttonBigbluebutton_clicked()
QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_buttonNextcloud_clicked()
"overlay"
kf.windowsystem: Could not find any platform plugin
Authorization required, but no authorization protocol specified

qt.qpa.xcb: could not connect to display :1
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vnc, wayland-egl, wayland, wayland-xcomposite-egl, wayland-xcomposite-glx, xcb.

/usr/bin/calamares_polkit: Zeile 6:  7361 Abgebrochen             (Speicherabzug geschrieben) pkexec --disable-internal-agent "/usr/bin/calamares" "$@"

Hi,
Yes your ixi output is exactly what I found/had
qt.qpa.xcb: could not connect to display :1
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vnc, wayland-egl, wayland, wayland-xcomposite-egl, wayland-xcomposite-glx, xcb
I cannot run any of the "garuda" specific apps on the hyprland beta.
Snapper creates and rollbacks work - using the commandline functions. just the gui functionallity.
I didnt mention any of this before as I explained im a user and nowhere know what I am doing :slight_smile:
So I cannot suggest a remedy.
I assumed others will get the same problems as I did and you have.
Tried reinstalling / installing all the options as pacman suggests , did not fix it.
that exhausts my capabilities.
Reporting it now as did not want to look a fool for something simple but as someone else has the exact thing it does look repeatable. Just seconding the above issue.

Works fine over here! :smile: Am I misunderstanding the problem?

To have the theme honored, QT_STYLE_OVERRIDE kvantum-dark must be exported as an environment variable.

Speaking of the environment variables, I do not think setting them in .profile is good enough. For me, this file is not getting sourced. See what I mean:

We have in our Fish config a call to source ~/.fish_profile:

## Environment setup                                               
# Apply .profile: use this to put fish compatible .profile stuff in
if test -f ~/.fish_profile                                         
  source ~/.fish_profile                                           
end                                                                

Using this file works fine, if you convert these to Fish syntax.

set -x MOZ_ENABLE_WAYLAND 1           
set -x MOZ_WAYLAND_USE_VAAPI 1        
set -x MOZ_DBUS_REMOTE 1              
set -x GDK_BACKEND wayland            
set -x XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP hyprland   
set -x XDG_SESSION_DESKTOP hyprland   
set -x XDG_SESSION_TYPE wayland       
set -x EDITOR /usr/bin/micro          
set -x BROWSER firedragon             
set -x TERM xterm-256color            
set -x MAIL thunderbird               
set -x QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME qt5ct     
set -x GTK2_RC_FILES $HOME/.ägtkrc-2.0
set -x QT_STYLE_OVERRIDE kvantum-dark 

But this is still not good enough, because for some of these environment variables to work correctly they must be exported before Hyprland is started.

Take Garuda Welcome for example. If I launch from the terminal, the theme is honored because the QT_STYLE_OVERRIDE value has been exported in the Fish profile. If I launch from Wofi, the theme is not preserved because that file wasn’t sourced when Hyprland (and all the stuff in its config) started.

Here they are side-by-side, from the terminal on the left and from Wofi on the right:

The correct way to set these variables, or at least a very good way, is to set up a wrapper script as described in the Greetd wiki:

How to set XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland/…?

While you could set this in your .profile, the recommended way to handle this is with a wrapper script. Doing it this way allows you to start multiple login environments without having weird env vars mess with things.

• /usr/local/bin/sway-run (should be made executable)
#!/bin/sh

# Session
export XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland
export XDG_SESSION_DESKTOP=sway
export XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=sway

# Wayland stuff
export MOZ_ENABLE_WAYLAND=1
export QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland
export SDL_VIDEODRIVER=wayland
export _JAVA_AWT_WM_NONREPARENTING=1

exec sway $@

#
# If you use systemd and want sway output to go to the journal, use this
# instead of the `exec sway $@` above:
#
#    exec systemd-cat --identifier=sway sway $@
#

Simply use sway-run instead of sway to log in.

Of course we are using SDDM instead of Greetd, so I am not sure where we would put the wrapper script–but I am sure there is a way, right?

Since I brought it up: I don’t really love SDDM as a display manager for this spin. It just seems like it has some problems. Have you guys been able to log out, for example? SDDM doesn’t recover when I have tried this–the screen just goes black and I have to kick over to a TTY.

What do you guys think of switching to Greetd? Is it too plain?

2 Likes

It failed for me, so I use SDDM, and it works fine here :slight_smile: apart from log out.

I will look at this as soon as possible.

Same here, I never log out, just reboot or shutdown. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, yeah it was causing problem , plus from my experience it is also problematic with preprietry Nvidia drivers too, I have tried greetd in my newly installed hyprland , it won’t start :slightly_frowning_face:

Yeah i was able to do it, :slightly_smiling_face: (it’s a different thing that the logout was because of a crash while playing with my new system)

EDIT: logout won’t work normally

Thanks @SGS.

I'm going to give this one run on bare metal. I just found out the hard way that you can't backup files to a cloud provider from Fedora Silverblue.

:grinning:

1 Like

Logout is not the problem :slight_smile: , it just exit.
Login is only possible via TTY (3-7), after login hyprstart or Hyprland.
TTY1 nothing
TTY2 show the SDDM login screen (picture), no function is possible.

So, how do you log in?
How it work in Sway? :slight_smile:

/etc/environment

you can put a binding for it :

bind = $mainMod, M, exit,

this should work , it will put you back to login screen (SDDM):slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

If exit work, why not in nwgbar, swaymsg exit? :thinking:

2 Likes

Maybe because it’s hyprland not sway :sweat_smile:

Trying to find out a way to use this hyprland type of exit command to run on terminal , then we can replace hyprland “exit” command which is just usable through keybinding till now to swaymsg exit

maybe some thing in hyprlctl can help us to execute exit command directly from the termianl , maybe there can be something like hyprctl exit(well till now nothing found like hyprctl exit)

1 Like