Howdy from SE Missouri USA

Hi, y'all.

This is Wolf from SE Missouri in the US, deep in the beautiful Ozark mountains. For the last couple years, I have been on Manjaro and loving it. It gave me all the things I love about Arch but in a more stable and easy to maintain format.

Then about a week ago I came across Garuda in a Linux group on FB and decided to give it a shot. I have now been using the Dragonized Edtion for about a week and so far, I am really, really, REALLY liking it.

It is a gorgeous iteration of the Plasma desktop with some really great features that I have not seen before. I cannor say at this time if I am going ro keep using it permanently or not, but I am definitely leaning that way.

The system is surprisingly fast and seems totally stable so far.

I work in the WordPress web hosting and design field and do a lot of video productions too. Due to budget, I have a relatively low-end Lenovo machine so as you can imagine video editing can be a strain. but so far, my work has been basically flawless since the switch.

I am looking forward to continuing to get to know Garuda and becoming a part of this community. Keep up the great work!

12 Likes

Thanks for the high praise, I'm sure it makes the devs feel good when users appreciate all their hard work.

Welcome to Garuda.

4 Likes

And

3 Likes

Welcome aboard. I'd suggest dropping Manjaro altogether and sticking with Garuda.

Howdy and Welcome to Garuda and its forum. I am a Plasma fan as well.

1 Like

As of right now, that is the plan. I see no reason to go back to Manjaro at this point. Manjaro is a great gateway to Arch distro, but Garuda's focus on performance is a huge win for me.

2 Likes