How/what do I do to have garuda display a graphical luks password screen and then boot splash?

Hi everyone,

I have been using Garuda Linux on all my systems for a few months now and love it! ( Garuda KDE Dr460nized).

I want to enable the boot splash screen. It seems Garuda is using Plymouth by default. I tried following a Manjaro post to install and enable bootsplash but its not working. I have installed using BTRFS and encryption. So on boot I get a console screen asking to input luks password.

I do I enable booth splash themes? It seems garuda purple plymouth is already installed. How/what do I do to have garuda display a graphical luks password screen and then boot splash?

Thanks in advance,

Paul Luther.

If this is what you want, you should use it as title.

Depending what type of encryption you have applied, there are plymouth advice for the password prompt.

Following Manjaro guides on Garuda is not always succesful. Better follow Archwiki knowledge, which is safe, since Manjaro is not Arch.

4 Likes

I believe the post from the Manjaro forum @luthepa1 is referring to is this one. It links to the very same ArchWiki article @petsam was recommending.

I have also tried replacing the encrypt hook in /etc/mkinitcpio.conf with plymoth-encrypt as described in that article with no success. I believe this is because the hooks in the initial ramdisk environment are called after grub. But I'm prompted for decryption key before the grub splash screen. But I'm honestly a mere user, so please correct me.

It seems for this type of theming something else is required. I also haven't been successful in having a splash screen for the decryption prompt as on my Ubuntu system and am curious for any advice on the matter.

2 Likes

Please do not necrobump the thread.