How to use Wayfire in KDE Plasma?

Hey guys, First I want to give my congratulations to the developers for creating such a wonderful OS! Second, I would like to report that I always dreamed of using an OS with the fire effect when closing the windows. Thank you again. I didn't get too used to the Garuda Wayfire OS, but I would very much like to be able to use its effects in Garuda KDE. I even managed to install the app with the KDE wayfire settings, but there is an error and the effects don't work. Can someone help me?

(wcm:58806): Gdk-CRITICAL **: 09:03:51.102: gdk_wayland_display_get_wl_display: assertion 'GDK_IS_WAYLAND_DISP
LAY (display)' failed
Failed to acquire wl_display for input inhibitor
binding grabs will not work

This is error.

(Taking advantage of the post, could someone explain to me the difference between the three KDE Plasma systems from Garuda? I know very little about Linux yet ... sorry)

Unfortunately not - you can't use Wayfire in KDE.

I'd advise that you get used to how things work before trying to make major changes to the configuration.

2 Likes

Installing and using Wayfire as a session is possible, you just can't use it as a WM for KDE.

2 Likes

Is it easy to do that? Could you explain to me how to do it?

Have you done any searching or reading about installing a different DE or WM? There are multiple threads on the forum, and I seem to think the Garuda Assistant has an option for this.

2 Likes

Not yet, I will research ... but it would be beautiful to have the fire effect in KDE.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.