How to safely replace kwin with kwinft in KDE Dragonized?

Hi everyone

Has anyone done this? I just haven't found any articles on the topic of replacing kwin with kwinft yet.

I think it won't hurt and maybe solve the my problems with the kwin crash :slight_smile:

System:
  Kernel: 5.15.10-zen1-1-zen x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 11.1.0
    parameters: BOOT_IMAGE=/@/boot/vmlinuz-linux-zen
    root=UUID=94fcb400-f6b5-43fc-a6a4-779aff3fdb59 rw [email protected]
    quiet splash rd.udev.log_priority=3 vt.global_cursor_default=0
    systemd.unified_cgroup_hierarchy=1
    resume=UUID=b7ee18a6-137d-4f7f-960f-8be0ab1d3c04 loglevel=3
  Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.23.4 tk: Qt 5.15.2 info: latte-dock wm: kwin_x11
    vt: 1 dm: SDDM Distro: Garuda Linux base: Arch Linux

Probably, otherwise the package would be pretty pointless. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It's supposed to be a drop-in replacement, so there won't be any articles. Build the package, install it, it will remove kwin, done.

3 Likes

There were just small suspicions that the graphics of the system might not start anymore With direct replacement :sweat_smile:

It might not, but it's easy enough to reinstall the original package.

2 Likes

Dive in. Learning can be adventurous. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I installed it, and after restarting there were constant flickers, so I had to roll back. From the noticeable, animations are faster and smoother and look nicer. So i are waiting for KDE Dragonized with wayland)

1 Like

You have not provided a full inxi -Faz output. If you had, I wouldn't need to ask the next questions.

Do you have an Nvidia graphics card?

If so, have you implemented the Nvidia troubleshooting recommendations from the Arch Wiki.

Again people, please provide a full inxi -Faz output unless requested to provide an alternate (less detailed) version by forum assistants.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.