How reliable is dd?

How reliable is dd? I have copied the contents of my old SATA drive to my new NVME drive but i’m scared to format the old SATA drive for use as storage.

In case you are not on TG

Note: the purpose of this SS wasn’t to redirect you to TG for help rather since an answer for you arrived there I thought you should receive it.

In future please do a simple internet search first before posting questions on forum.

3 Likes

What is TG? Also i did check duckduckgo i just didn’t get many results.

tg: telegram group.

:thinking: here…

So many results from google alone…

4 Likes

you’ve got a couple puncture wounds on your neck that require immediate disinfection with garlic essence and colloidal silver >.>

3 Likes

Have you tested the NVMe drive? If it is working I would say go ahead and reformat your SATA drive. If you haven’t had a chance to test it yet then hold off.

1 Like

What do you mean by “test it” I’ve been using it for the last two days and i checked it’s smart status was good.
If there is a specific command/program you would recommend i would appreciate it.

I would say that is a more than sufficient test. If something went wrong with dd, most likely you wouldn’t be able to boot it. Any issues you run into at this point are very unlikely to be related to dd.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.