Hey, I have an issue with permission access on Virt-Manager

I tried everything with tutorials and resolved info's, it didn't help cuz it keeps getting an error. I don't know what I'm supposed to do independently. A lot of it doesn't help.

Here is an issue that's been going on. Also, adding an ISO to the right folder directory doesn't help.

Error starting domain: internal error: qemu unexpectedly closed the monitor: 2022-02-19T05:52:35.873219Z qemu-system-x86_64: -blockdev {"driver":"file","filename":"/var/lib/libvirt/images/operating_system.img","node-name":"libvirt-2-storage","auto-read-only":true,"discard":"unmap"}: Could not open '/var/lib/libvirt/images/operating_system.img': Permission denied

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py", line 65, in cb_wrapper
    callback(asyncjob, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py", line 101, in tmpcb
    callback(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/object/libvirtobject.py", line 57, in newfn
    ret = fn(self, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/object/domain.py", line 1329, in startup
    self._backend.create()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 1353, in create
    raise libvirtError('virDomainCreate() failed')
libvirt.libvirtError: internal error: qemu unexpectedly closed the monitor: 2022-02-19T05:52:35.873219Z qemu-system-x86_64: -blockdev {"driver":"file","filename":"/var/lib/libvirt/images/operating_system.img","node-name":"libvirt-2-storage","auto-read-only":true,"discard":"unmap"}: Could not open '/var/lib/libvirt/images/operating_system.img': Permission denied

It isn't dual boot, but I had this issue since trying to install Virt-Manager correctly.

Welcome :slight_smile:

If you’ve tried everything, how can anyone else help?
What does this have to do with Garuda?
What does it say about this in the software manual?
Aside from the fact that you didn’t provide any links to your search, we are missing the garuda-inxi requested.
Without it, your request will end up in nirvana.

Unsupported software.

You can edit your last post, no need for new one :slight_smile:
For terminal output use three ~ in first and last line. I fixed it.

3 Likes

If there's a code to get rid of the problem, I am happy to solve it.

Nope, IIRC.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.