Hello, I finally got rid of Windows

I was dual booting Windows and different Linux debian distros for years now but now finally after trying out Garuda Linux (completely new to Arch) for a few weeks I completely got rid of Windows and I'm really happy with Garuda.

What I like the most about it is the look, stability, and the fact that I found and installed every app I used on Windows 10 without any problems.

One thing I dislike is that booting takes considerably more time, I don't know if it's just me, I have SSD and I used to boot in Windows in 20-30 seconds at most, for Garuda Linux it takes around 2 minutes, but it might be something I installed.

Anyway, thanks for reading and I hope you guys have a great day.

1 Like

Congrats!

On an SSD, 2 minutes is probably not normal.

Take a look at the output of the command systemd-analyze critical-chain. That will show you what is slowing down your boot.

8 Likes

Thanks for a suggestion, it looks like nordvpn service is slowing down my boot time a lot, and I'm not even using it anymore since I switched to a different VPN so I'll definitely remove it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.