Hello from Mississippi Gulf Coast, USA

I discovered Garuda Linux about a week ago and I've been having a ton of fun with it. So far I have tried the Cinnamon and xfce editions, but I prefer xfce so that's what I'm going to live in for awhile. I appreciate the attention to detail in this distro. The icons, fonts, theming, and wallpapers are quite striking--like a little work of art on my desktop! The automatic snapshots are a thoughtful refinement. The tool set is expansive--I still haven't explored them all. I tend to avoid Arch-based distributions due to the crash risk. Garuda is interesting enough to lure me back into the Arch world. Thanks to the devs for creating it and sharing it. BTW--amazing web site too. Best Linux site I've ever visited. Cheers.

10 Likes

:slight_smile:

Glad to hear that, keep on having fun with Garuda on the PC and in the forum :slight_smile: .

5 Likes

Yes, Garuda has some very nice features like the built in timeshift btrfs snapshot support. But that takes all the fun out of destroying your system. You'll never learn much about your system if you don't destroy it, then rebuild it on a regular basis. Ha ha, have fun. :smiley:

Welcome to the forum.

6 Likes

Welcome to the forums @fecklesstech :wave:

3 Likes

Welcome to Garuda, and I second your compliments to the Garuda artists.

You live in a beautiful area of the country. I have always loved visiting there, even briefly. Even just driving the coastline. And the seafood!

:shrimp::fish: :cheese: :egg: <--crude seafood soufflé hieroglyphics.

I hope the weather has treated you kindly. :slight_smile:

regards

7 Likes