Grub problem - Triple boot

Hi, I'm a new user and am having problems with Grub. I have Win 10 on sda. Garuda is on sda5. Debian is installed on sdc. The first problem is that when I start my machine, it boots straight into Windows. Grub does not appear. As a workaround, I boot into the usb and use its Grub to log into Garuda. Sloppy, but it works. The second issue is that when I run grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg, it does not see Windows. sudo os-prober gives me /dev/sdd1:Debian GNU/Linux bullseye/sid:Debian:linux.
inxi gives me CPU: Quad Core Intel Core i5-3470 (-MCP-)
speed/min/max: 2353/1600/3200 MHz Kernel: 5.9.9-zen1-1-zen x86_64 Up: 12m
Mem: 1866.6/7832.4 MiB (23.8%) Storage: 945.98 GiB (3.7% used) Procs: 200
Shell: fish inxi: 3.1.06
Thanks in advance!

I do not do multi-boot support, Multi-booting is against my religion. :smiley:

With Windoze as well as another Linux distro it's not surprising you are having issues. The reason you may not have gotten any responses to this point is not a lot of people like dealing with these types of issues because of the complexities involved.

Now that I've given your thread a bump up the recent posts list perhaps someone will notice your issue and take pity on your situation.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

1 Like

Probably installed on different boot mode (UEFI/MSDOS Legacy).
Boot into Garuda and post

inxi -SMCDPxxxz
cat /etc/fstab
1 Like

A simple way to run with what you have now is to install rEFInd - a boot manager system. It will find Windows (wherever it is hiding) and it will find Garuda (probably twice). One of the Garuda entries will show that it is using grub to boot with - that is your preferred choice, as grub is needed for all the features of Garuda to work. If you select the 'other' Garuda entry and hit Delete, you can hide this other entry from view to simplify the screen.

I would be happy to explain in greater depth, should you wish it - but you should have no trouble just firing it up once installed. Most of what is needed is 'automatic' - tweaking thereafter is possible, but not required. Another way to find out more is to visit EndeavourOS.com, and check the wiki there on "How to Install rEFInd".

1 Like