I changed my mind and removed the 2 xanmod kernel

The 2 entries xanmod didnt disappeared
So I ve got 2 useless entries
I did
install-grub /dev/sda
grub-update

same problem
so I installed kernel zen with garuda-assistant
the xanmod are still in grub and the zen kernel doesnt appear !
So I reboot with the usb xfce garuda
to repair the boot
the repair doesnt work
(I ve got a stupid full btfrs partition with a swapp
So I reinstalled grub-garuda
Same problem
I can say
Erreur de syntaxe Ă  la ligne 263 (syntax error line 263)
Syntax errors are detected in generated GRUB config file.
Ensure that there are no errors in /etc/default/grub
and /etc/grub.d/* files or please file a bug report with
/boot/grub/grub.cfg.new file attached.
I didnt manage to find something wrong
I didnt create a separate /boot a / and /home
just one big mess as /

I know it is stupid

I am rather stuck
I can boot but its weird and my zen kernel is installed and not detected
is it because of the snapshot that are related to former xanmod ?

By the way I do love the Garuda . I ve tested allmost all your flavors
except the audio one, the cinnamon and the mate

Welcome :slight_smile:
please post

lsblk --paths --tree --include 8 --output ptuuid,pttype,partuuid,parttype,partlabel,uuid,name,fstype,label,mountpoint

as text.

On my PC I have grub on sda1.

PTUUID                               PTTYPE PARTUUID                             PARTTYPE                             PARTLABEL UUID                                 NAME        FSTYPE LABEL    MOUNTPOINT
da3cac33-36b5-464a-baa7-c255e427099e gpt                                                                                                                             /dev/sda                    
da3cac33-36b5-464a-baa7-c255e427099e gpt    53b04240-a191-4342-80a7-d1f69615d093 c12a7328-f81f-11d2-ba4b-00a0c93ec93b           4C0D-6FA4                            ├─/dev/sda1 vfat            /boot/efi
da3cac33-36b5-464a-baa7-c255e427099e gpt    c5f0c90a-4c57-304e-ab4b-866508350fb1 0fc63daf-8483-4772-8e79-3d69d8477de4           00a0c0cb-8fbe-4bbf-a7ef-72f4d595947f └─/dev/sda2 btrfs           /run/timeshift/backup
3 Likes
PTUUID                               PTTYPE PARTUUID                             PARTTYPE PARTLABEL UUID                                 NAME        FSTYPE LABEL MOUNTPOINT
1c573533                             dos                                                                                                 /dev/sda                 
1c573533                             dos    1c573533-01                          0x83               855bdbb8-27f4-49c5-9afc-af723db0d1c1 ├─/dev/sda1 btrfs        /run/timeshift/backup
1c573533                             dos    1c573533-02                          0x82               ac7a7725-34a2-4ade-8aef-b0cb0715d2a8 └─/dev/sda2 swap         [SWAP]

--- True it is not a gpt type

If you include terminal outputs in your post please use the proper output format in your post. Using "~" 3 times above and "~" 3 times below the text block will provide a readable, raw look.

This normally occurs after someone uses “GRUB Customizer” and breaks their GRUB configuration files.

The output should indicate which file is at fault, or it should be listed within the /boot/grub/grub.cfg.new file (so it’s worth pasting that and linking here.

3 Likes

Thanks million.
I didnt use grub-customizer as I know perfectly that it is a perfect tool to create mess for normal config. So wtih btrfs and snapshot I dont want to test it.

I think its a bug cos I didnt do anything weird
But I decided to reinstall everything with a real partition schema
/
/boot
swap
/home
cos it is too messy.
And Usually I never create such a mess
Thanks again for your help
By the way I am using Garuda Gnome with a triple boot(windows 10, Garuda gnome , manjaro kde) with my main laptop.
Thats brillant (old i5 with 8Gb Ram)
On the grub problematic laptop
It s a budget low tech Lenovo with amd e1 with 4GB
And I tested the Garuda distro
kde - of course a bit difficult for this kind of computer as explained in your FAD
gnome - not so bad with this low tech
i3 (good but too lazy to repair some tools bar problems)
LXQT win impressive but I ve got more RAM problem (low memory) than with xfce
Qtile - interesting but think its too young
bspwm - not convinced- you did a good job but I not a fan
wayfire very pleasant - I didnt test a lot of time cos I think that my Amd e1 without specific nvidia card can be just
Thanks again sorry for not sending the element for the bug report
As I reinstalled my computer.....

weird can mean several things for different people.
You have done a lot that looks weird and potentially dangerous, if you don’t know what you are doing.

Depending the methods you used each time, you may (or not) have done mistakes.

I see you like to test Linux and having fun. That’s awesome!
Maybe it’s time you also give back/contribute to those who give you fun :wink:

If there is a bug in our installers or utilities, we would appreciate feedback and help to find and fix the bugs, so other users that don’t have main and fun PCs, just one and would like to use it without breakage.

What do you think? :smiley: Will you re-create the bug for us and help us fix it?

4 Likes