Greetings from Italy!

Greetings to everyone!

I’m quite recently pass to Garuda Linux. I love the interface and it works really great to me.

I have made this post, for greetings, and for ask to you what is yours favorites applications.

I’m an old mac os x user, and for work i’m use alot applications for office, make image graphics, video editing, and web developing.

A months ago i’m face some problem of compatibility whit some file from microsoft word and photoshop, but less or more i have find a solutions.

Long story short, i just want from you some suggestion about the best applications to use for my work!

(i have already make some research about that, but i thinks is better have some feedback from someone use programs like those everyday)

Thanks! Have a nice day community!

12 Likes

@1sn0m3 Welcome!

You should love Krita and Kdenlive. And I'm sure there's also some things in their suite for web development as well!

A specific format? Libreoffice is pretty compatible with MS Office, but I'm sure you know about it already :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thanks for reply and suggestions!

Blockquote You should love Krita and Kdenlive. And I'm sure there's also some things in their suite for web development as well!

I'm will try Krita and Kdenlive for sure!

Blockquote A specific format? Libreoffice is pretty compatible with MS Office, but I'm sure you know about it already

The problem with word was an image inside the file with a trasparency applyed on. So i have save that image, make it with a 50% of opacity and put in the file again, a little tricky solution ahahaha

2 Likes

I've found WPS Office a bit more compatible, especially with embedded docs, spreadsheets, etc. I've had some real problems with those types with Libreoffice, in the past, but WPS worked well.

Oh! Welcome to Garuda Linux. :smiley:

regards

3 Likes

I will try it! Thanks for suggestion! :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.