Greeting from first time user and a big thank you!

Moving away from Win 11
New to Linux. Not an IT guy nor a geek but looking for a stable, functional desktop (as opposed to windows). Just installed Garuda KDE lite. Its beautiful and smooth as butter.
Thank you for all your efforts putting this together and making it idiot proof for people like me. I am a trader by trade :wink:
PS: I believe true power comes when people get together for the good of everyone.

4 Likes

I'm glad you like the distro and that Garuda's specific tools are helping you.
However, I feel like giving you one piece of advice: invest some time in trying to understand Linux "underneath" and Arch based distributions (e.g. package management). This will make it easier for you to get through the tough times that will not be late in coming, being this a rolling release.
It will take some effort, but it may become addictive.... :wink:

1 Like

Thank you for your reply.
I am not a geek nor an IT guy but I do read :slight_smile: Before making the jump, i read the forum and the wiki and Arch Wiki as well. I have not read everything but the essential to get me going. For ex, I am getting use to the terminal. I have installed ZSH (just for fun). Probably am a geek :wink:
I believe I can manage on my own as long as I have a good, clear "how to". For the rest I will ask for help.
PS: PSD was not starting and manage to solve the issue reading the arch wiki about PSD.

1 Like

You are definitely and absolutely on the right track and in the right place.
But most of all, welcome!!!

4 Likes