Graphic drivers and boot issues

The command is working fine, but for some reason it doesn't recognize the partition as a valid LUKS device. I've also tried another command I found while searching, same result

sudo cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sdc1 root

Any idea why it's not recognized?

Why are you using /dev/sdc1 if that is a vfat partition?
Can you provide your

lsblk -f

You should see a crypto_LUKS partition, and that should be the one to be used.

1 Like

Oh, sorry, my bad, I was trying to boot the crypto one, but after a reboot it changed position and now it was the sdb, it worked now. I'll try running chroot again

Ok, now the partition was found by the chroot program in garuda welcome.

What do I run now? A system update seems to fail as if I am offline, even though I made sure to be online with the live partition

Can you ping 1.1.1.1 ?

yes, it seems to work... does it stop on it's own or will forever add new pings?

also, I tried sudo reflector, doesn't work, like a network error

Ok, I could stop it, not a single package failure

ping -c 5 1.1.1.1

Stop with Ctrl + c

Then it's the DNS failing here. I guess ping garudalinux.org does not work?

1 Like

temporary failure in name resolution

Try:

rm /etc/resolv.conf
echo "nameserver 1.1.1.1" > /etc/resolv.conf

Might get you online.

3 Likes

first command told resource was in use, second "file exists", didn't get online unfortunately

or better, rm command gives as output "device or resource busy"

nothing else is open save for a terminal

Please stop posting like in a chatroom, you can edit your post until someone replies.

2 Likes

well, not sure why but attempting to restore an old snapshot, even though it didn't look like it worked, allowed me to log in and do a fresh full update. Rebooted after that and worked fine. Only thing I can think of is that I did grub-update when I managed to chroot the installation, so maybe that was enough to make everything work again.

Thanks for the help everyone!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.