Garuda Users & Editions Poll (Revised)

I was simply curious about what the typical Garuda user was, so I thought I'd conduct a poll.

Answer as many, or as few questions as you would like.

Which OS were you primarily using before Garuda?

• Windows
  • Apple
  • Another Linux Distro
  • BSD/Other

0 voters

What is your primary usage of Garuda?

• Gaming
  • Pentesting
  • Work
  • Productivity & Web browsing
  • Music or Graphics production
  • Server

0 voters

What was your primary/favorite distro before Garuda?

• First time Linux user
  • Arch
  • Manjaro
  • EndeavourOS
  • Ubuntu
  • Mint
  • Fedora
  • Suse
  • Gentoo
  • Too many favs to pick one

0 voters

How long have you used Linux?

• Just testing the waters
  • 1 - 2 years
  • 3 - 5 years
  • 5 -10 years
  • 10 -15 years
  • Since the dawn of time

0 voters

What is your age group?

• Under 20 years
  • 20's
  • 30's
  • 40's
  • 50's
  • 60+

0 voters

How did you find out about Garuda?

• Word of mouth
  • YouTube
  • Distrowatch
  • Online technical review
  • Linux/Computer magazine
  • Web search result

0 voters

What attracted you to Garuda?

• Performance oriented distro
  • Btrfs + easy snapshot restore features
  • Easy Arch-based GUI installation
  • Attractive and modern GUI
  • Large selection of Desktops & WM's
  • OS respects users privacy

0 voters

What type of computer do you have Garuda installed on?

• Desktop
  • Laptop/Tablet
  • Both

0 voters

How many computers do you have Garuda installed on?

• 5+

0 voters

How would you rate your main laptop or desktop?

• low end
  • mid range
  • high end

0 voters

How much RAM is in your computer(s) running Garuda?

• 4 GB
  • 5 - 8 GB
  • 9 -12 GB
  • 13 -16 GB
  • 17 -24 GB
  • 25 -32 GB
  • Greater than 32 GB

0 voters

How old are your computers running Garuda?

• 1- 3 years old
  • 4 - 7 years old
  • 7 - 10 years old
  • Greater than10 years old

0 voters

Thank you for your time.

Edit:

There is also a new poll below regarding statistics on the different editions adoption (if you'd like to participate).

8 Likes

Hello everyone. I thought it might be fun and informative to run an ongoing poll to find out which editions people are running. Feel free to leave comments and let us know what you like most about your favorite editions:

• KDE Dragonized Edition
  • KDE Dragonized Gaming Edition
  • KDE Dragonized Blackarch Edition
  • Xfce Edition
  • Gnome Edition
  • LXQT-Kwin Edition
  • Wayfire Edition
  • Qtile Edition
  • BSPWM Edition
  • i3 Edition
  • Sway Edition
  • Mate Edition
  • Previous No Longer Supported Edition (such as Deepin) Please leave in Comments.
  • Barebones Edition (Please tell us which {if any} DE or WM you've installed.)

0 voters

4 Likes

I can't believe all the customization that's done for us in the Dragonized Gaming Edition. Unbelievable, and most appreciated. Garuda is the best distro hands down. No contest.

8 Likes

I hope you don't mind that I merged both polls together @arkansawdave74

I use the old KDE minimal edition that came out before Dragonized was a thing.

4 Likes

Build Back Better with Barebones (KDE).

2 Likes

I’m actually flattered that you did, except that all the regulars, including me, have already voted in here and will likely miss mine now, and it’s the regulars’ votes that I wanted most. Other than that, this is a great place for it because this poll is what gave me the idea and I had hoped to see this question as I answered your poll, Could we possibly move it back to it’s own thread for a few days or a week so the regulars will see it and answer before merging? Is that even possible? Or would it screw up the vote count and comments? Or maybe there is some other way to let those who have already voted know that there is a new important question? I really am very curious and it’s important to me, anyway.

EDIT: I just noticed your “Revised” title. That might do it. Thank you @tbg . I’m flattered.

1 Like

If the Garuda team were to investigate this in order to not build any more of the unused or little used ones, I would still see some sense in it.
What does this knowledge bring you?
Do you want to switch to the one which used the most?

Only one part for statistic fans.

2 Likes

LOL. I can already guess which is used the most. Dragonized has been attracting a lot of inexperienced users (watch out Kali). i was more curious which ones the veterans think are great.

All are great :smiley: rest ist taste :smiley:

3 Likes

No matter the results, I will keep running Dragonized because I make Youtube videos sometimes and I think Dragonized is a wonderful look for that. But One of my favorite games crashes in KDE (and Gnome) so i have to have a 2nd Garuda in dual boot. I’ve been using Xfce for many years And my game works perfectly in Xfce, but it’s very vanilla. I want to test other DEs and WMs to find which ones my game will work in and I trust the “taste” of veterans who have been drawn to Garuda. This would give me some idea what order to try them. I also just want to satisfy my silly curiosity.

EDIT: I really don’t mind that our Xfce is so vanilla. I have much experience customizing my own Xfce. That’s just an excuse. The truth is, after 7 years in Xfce and then trying KDE Dragonized, I can’t help but wonder what else Linux has to offer in it’s different flavors.

3 Likes

OMG!! Now I feel silly. Thank You @SGS!!

Yes, @tbg . The merge was a good idea and I’m honored you thought my poll worthy of a merge. Thank you very much!!

EEEK!! I just noticed I maxed the choices at 2. I meant to make it higher after I got a count of the choices. But 2 is okay…Better than 1. I had accidentally left the Create Poll area and had to make the choices by hand which helped me to overlook the number allowed.

Showoff!! :rofl: :wink: :rofl:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.