Garuda randomly freezes up after updates

Yes, it sometimes take some time and specific I/O to trigger the bug.
Sometimes my computer would run for a couple of hours without a problem, and sometimes it would crash within minutes.

You can test it by doing some very heavy I/O on the disk that uses BFQ (maybe until the cache is full and swapping starts).

I'm not sure but it also seems to be triggered faster on NVMe drives (but that's just hypothetical).

EDIT: to actually see the bug report immediately, boot with debug boot parameter and start in runlevel 3.
It should look similar to the one you see in the kernel thread.

EDIT 2: I haven't looked close enough the first time, you already use "none" for NVMe, so that's fine. I would suggest changing the other two to "mq-deadline" temporarily.

2 Likes

The revert is queued for 5.14.10.

2 Likes

The only solution worked for me is linux-lts kernel.

After I switched to linux-lts and used it for couple of days I switched back to zen and I updated OS, it seems like its working fine.

1 Like

it's running fine for now on the lts kernel, but i do not really want to go back to the default one because of i do not want my system randomly freezing while i'm doing something

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.