Garuda on Workplace Computer?

Hey all!

I'm curious, who all here uses Garuda as their daily for their work computers? I'm considering putting Garuda on my work laptop, but wanted to get some people's experiences and feedback first. :slightly_smiling_face:

You can assume that on this forum 99.9% use Garuda.

I've been using Garuda Linux for years on my hardware, and I'm very happy with it :smiley:

3 Likes

True, I suppose I was asking more about using it on work machines, in the workplace, etc rather than just normal workstations. I didn't word that so well, my apologies!

1 Like

It runs on two servers for me, my work computer and two notebooks, which besides normal use, are also used for testing new ISO's.

2 Likes

BTW, I use i3wm on server and main PC. Do not use KDE or GNOME :smiley: , use Xfce.
For fun I use KDE and Sway on the notebooks.

But, if you are not confident in using a rolling distribution and restoring snapshots, you should refrain from doing so.

Every OS has its pitfalls, you just have to know how to help yourself. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I use Arch with KDE on my work PC. I'm the IT team leader, so I kinda get to install what ever I want on the computers. :smiley:

3 Likes

Oh I'm very familiar with Arch and Garuda; have been using Garuda for over a year. :slightly_smiling_face:
I just haven't used it on a daily basis in regards to a business machine, so I wanted to get input before I jumped ship from Windows to my all time favorite Arch distro. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

At home I use Garuda on two desktops and one on a laptop. Nothing at work as I am retired

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.