Garuda Not available in OS Boot Manager

I am currently using Garuda KDE Dr460nized dual booted with Windows 10 in my HP Laptop.
Everything was working fine before the windows update. After the windows update, I'm not able to see the grub menu. So, I checked bios for OS Boot order, What I found was, Garuda Option was not present there under the OS Boot manager section. Why I am facing this issue?

Well given what you've told us, you did a Windows Update. Then things broke...umm...logical steps?

2 Likes

What can be done? Will a bios reset would work?

Suggest you search on the forum about restoring grub by booting from alternate media. I'm certain it's been discussed oh..about 100 times.

2 Likes

Sometimes, windows update just wipes other OS entirely. That's why I recommend to stop it from doing its thing automatically and only update for security fixes. As I recon, there was an option to turn off updates except for security. Also, an interesting option will be to use Windows 10 ameliorated, an unofficial modification of windoze 10 without that much bloat and spyware. It has its own way of updating through command line, but it will probably be less agressive then the default one.

1 Like

Another solution for Win users to control the updates and more would be to install this O&O ShutUp10 – Das kostenlose Antispy-Tool für Windows 10 or similar software.

1 Like