Garuda Linux Hawk Eagle general discussion

2021-02-26_15-52
No.
We try to fix :slight_smile:

@dr460nf1r3

2 Likes

Nice. The newest version came out and it's been 2 day i have been using Garuda dr460nized as my main and i really love it.

4 Likes

Welcom to garuda!!

Try to replace the picture with the svg, found in /usr/share/icons/garuda/dr460nized-start.svg :thinking:

Also, the not displayed char should be a dragon, did you remove the emoji package somehow or does this happen without any changes to fonts?

2 Likes

I've tried to replace with the .svg of the dragon. I am in "Settings-Latte Dock", select the Dr460nized layout, and in details I can change the Icon (the dragon looks correct in this window). After doing so, the actual image in the dock does not change, it is still the same as before... as a matter of fact any icon I change it to, it remains the same. Same for the Garuda layout, the icon shows one color image of the eagle, but is different on the actual dock.

I don't believe I removed the emoji package... where do I find that? Fonts don't appear to change.

You need to rightclick the launcher & change the icon here.

4 Likes

That did it. Thanks.

3 Likes

Please don't hijack release announcement thread, it creates chaos on forums.

3 Likes

The last thing I want to do is create chaos on the forum... I was following the directions as written in the original post here:

@dr460nf1r3 Make sure to leave feedback & report bugs in here - with your help we can make Garuda even better! :slightly_smiling_face:

I guess I don't know where "in here" is, or maybe there is some internal conflict of direction. I'm glad you have redirected my post to the proper place. Note taken.

4 Likes

Alright, we will take care to lock the announcement thread as soon as it is posted from next release onwards. Thanks for throwing a light on it.

3 Likes

Yeah we should have a "General discussion" thread separate from the announcement
BTW whats this "This topic will close 2 days after the last reply" since when is that a thing.

3 Likes

It's a thing when the mods decide to make it a thing. :wink:

2 Likes

I think the future was only recently added to discourse.

It's been available as an option for a little while as well as other thread control methods. However, that's really not what this thread is about. This thread is for discussions of the new release.

3 Likes

It is better to report errors / hints in a separate post.
This is better for everyone involved.
I introduced the 2-day rule because some forum users used old and already solved topics for their requests.

Have fun and stay healthy.

3 Likes

Yeah the wallpapers fooled us.

1 Like

Sorry for that, shouldve just said ā€œin the forumā€. I agree this can be understood in 2 ways :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

No skin off my backā€¦ Allow me to apologise in advance for all the new and upcoming users with equal or less experience/competency as myself to guess where to post the correct topicā€¦ It must be incredibly frustrating to constantly reprimand the inferior people for their shortcomings.

I digressā€¦

New update is rock solid and beautiful, thanks team!:heart:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s ok - I got used to the reprimands and the inferiority. :wink:

2 Likes

Help wene i try to downlad the file from either sites (sourforge,OSDN) it says there is no file. what do i do?