Failed to commit transaction

Hello!

well i am new to Garuda and BlackArch in general. I hopped from mint.
when i try to run sudo pacman -Syu (or install anything really) i get that error.

terminal shows something like this:

Running pre-transaction hooks...
(1/4) Creating Timeshift snapshot before upgrade...
timeshift: error while loading shared libraries: libicuuc.so.68: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Unable to run timeshift-autosnap! Please close timeshift and try again. Script will now exit...
error: command failed to execute correctly
error: failed to commit transaction (failed to run transaction hooks)

Update your icu package. As indicated by a similar error on the archlinux forums.

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=220224

No
You should use sudo pacman -Syu
Sorry that post is not suitable for you

how do i do that ?

Goto Add/Remove Programs and search icu.

u don't get the point here.
failed torun transaction hooks error occurs when literally installing anything.
including that icu

any suggestions ?

Restore snapshot

2 Likes

how ?
i am very new sorry

Read the wiki

1 Like

will reinstalling the distro help ?

That is why the distro includes timeshift snapshots by default so that you do not need to reinstall if you encounter a difficulty during an update.

Read the wiki entry on restoring your system with timeshift please.

1 Like

well, i just reinstalled the distro because it was freshly installed.
it fixed it

Generally a reinstall will not fix an update issue, as once the system update is performed usually the issue will return.

A reinstallation will usually only remedy a bad update if during the interim a new fix was released to correct whatever issue caused the problem in the first place.

Still, it is usually easier to roll the system back than to reinstall over and over again. Reinstalling over and over again is the solution learned from the Windows world. A rolling Linux distribution does not require that and a competent user can keep a rolling distro installed for a decade if they so choose.

1 Like

Thanks! <3