Chaotic-AUR | Packages | Requests | Recompilation | Reports

This topic is for requesting new packages.
Reporting broken Packages on the repository.
Packages which need recompilation.

23 Likes

hello ! this is my first post !
i have installed i3 on a VM [test driving].
update halts before completion with some
essage... "failed to commit transaction"
pacman issue ?

2 Likes
5 Likes

Welcome to the forums! :smiley:

6 Likes

8 Likes

welcome to the forum @rvc

4 Likes

Just a suggestion for implementing a package: since Garuda is focused on gamers, I'd like to suggest implementing vibrantlinux (needs libvibrant to work).
This nifty little tool adjusts the color vibrancy. It comes in pretty handy in FPS-games such as CS:GO.

Just my two cents.

8 Likes

Which one is better to install if the package is available in all three repositories
Official Repository or AUR or Chaotic-AUR...

and if available in two repositories only
AUR or Chaotic-AUR...

3 Likes

Just perform
sudo pacman-S (software name)
It will be able to install packages available on official repo as well as chaotic AUR

If it doesn't work, install it from AUR is last option.

8 Likes

Hello, please build Siril
Siril is available through Flatpak, but there is a little bit performance drop for flatpak programs. Why is important?
Siril is open source astrophotography program for image stacking, editing etc. (Siril use a lot of CPU while stacking)
Thank you

7 Likes

Added siril to chaotic-aur repo

10 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Siril won't import .dng images

Hi, Proton-tkg & Wine-tkg missing in the chaotic-AUR.

3 Likes

Yeah they are removed for now

Will be rebuilt soon

5 Likes
[ALPM] upgraded garuda-fish-config (r16.a24b7c9-1 -> r18.8122d7e-1)
[ALPM-SCRIPTLET] Failed to enable unit: Unit file pkgfile-update.timer does not exist.

There must be something wrong with garuda-fish-config package install script. It tries to enable pkgfile timer, but does not depend on it and I can't understand the relation. I found the same issue exists with garuda-zsh-config.
I didn't know pkgfile is used in a regular way by the system. If so, it should be hard depend instead of optional.
I would have made the changes, but I am not an expert on packaging, so I need confirmation.

7 posts were split to a new topic: Problem updating system packages

Hello,

Is it possible to request packages on snap to be added to the Chaotic AUR. I know it's currently being rebuilt so I am not expecting a quick turn around. Since I cant get snap to work and it isnt currently supported, I was hoping to get the Youtube Music Player package added to the distro.

If not possible, totally understandable. Thank you!

No, the ChaoticAUR is for building packages which are in the AUR.

5 Likes

It is in AUR AUR (en) - ytmdesktop

6 Likes