Chaotic-AUR | Packages | Requests | Recompilation | Reports

One quick addition pls. I know picom-ibhagwan-git is in chaotic. but I want another fork of picom. its picom-jonaburg-git. I love the smooth transitions from that fork and the dual-kawase blur method. Pls add this, sempai

I noticed that it did two compilations in a row ( yesterday and today ) in the logs!

nice ! thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Yesterday I built on my laptop, so it must've been built successfully on the VPS today. Nice to hear :blush:
In case there hasn't been an update for a few days, I decided I run the kde-git routine additionally every few days on my machine to make sure everything is updated.

2 Likes

nice ! :slight_smile:

btw ... thinking maybe when I have a little time, porting this gentoo tool to pacman: GitHub - mgorny/smart-live-rebuild: Update live packages whose remotes have changed ( mgorny is one of the gentoo devs ).

its really handy in just running the git packages with new commits.

1 Like

also as a sidenote:

finally latest chromium snapshot runs nicelly on wayland: Screenshot_2021_10_11_1

this is really wayland, tripple checked ( before running it with --enable-features=VaapiVideoDecoder automaticly made it run on xwayland ).

all good news ( now just waiting for ungoogled chromium to catch up )

3 Likes

Oh hell yes. Look at this amount of bleeding I used to do with it:

3 Likes

please tell me that those plasma keywords are symlinks to gentoo kde's repo ( they are auto updated and very well mantained )

that is really massive ... bleeding edge !

I am running a mix of stable system packages mostly, some testing media/gpu/mpv stuff and git kde ( and a xanmod kernel )

overall pretty good stuff ! I am impressed :slight_smile: ( only thing in a quick notice that i disliked is how you handle python and ruby targets ).

you are definitly a quick learner for someone with 2 years of linux.

4 Likes

They are indeed :wink:
I don’t know why, but it’s tempting me a lot to go unstable. For the thrill? Who knows :joy: it was easiest with Gentoo, for obvious reasons :thinking:

How would you handle it instead?
I went down the rabbit hole in that time probably. Too much interesting things to learn - sharing this passion with others in whatever way is great as well though :slight_smile:
Even though I love Gentoos smart-live-rebuild I enjoy being able to build almost full kde-git packages for Chaotic-AUR so more people profit :blush:

5 Likes

wow ... where to begin !!!!
I totally understand you. Seeing what you guys are doing really made me think that I was a little "selfish". I should have done "a garuda with gentoo" and share it with others. For example, calculate linux is very nice and the dev is very cool. But if you try it, you will see... its very "boring/stable/server" oriented. :slight_smile:

I know the thrill .. very unstable packages, LTO's, -ofast (hey not so bad, but not everything works), etc ... Now I am more selective. I noticed that there are some areas I want really edgy and others not so much. ( recent but for sure it compiles :stuck_out_tongue: )

I generally use make.conf to deal with those two. although python these last years have been great, there was a time where gentoo was in a rough with python packages. ( 2008~2010 years were really hard for gentooers for example ). I am very "OCD" with my package.use/accept_keywords/etc organization and keeping things very tidy. It can get a little messy.
But you seemed to know the most important tricks :slight_smile: so kudos!

I checked a little more on your repos. It was a nice to see.
I feel proud that I had a good eye and was able to see that Garuda was special and the devs know their stuff!!

really nice!

4 Likes

I am seeing these errors when trying to update. Seems "key-mapper-git" needs to be rebuilt I am assuming?

error: failed retrieving file 'key-mapper-git-1.2.1.r17.gf5bdafa-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from geo-mirror.chaotic.cx
: Maximum file size exceeded
error: failed retrieving file 'key-mapper-git-1.2.1.r17.gf5bdafa-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from cdn-mirror.chaotic.cx
error: failed retrieving file 'key-mapper-git-1.2.1.r17.gf5bdafa-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from us-ut-mirror.chaotic.
cx : Maximum file size exceeded
error: failed retrieving file 'key-mapper-git-1.2.1.r17.gf5bdafa-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from us-ca-mirror.chaotic.
cx : Maximum file size exceeded
error: failed retrieving file 'key-mapper-git-1.2.1.r17.gf5bdafa-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from es-mirror.chaotic.cx
error: failed retrieving file 'key-mapper-git-1.2.1.r17.gf5bdafa-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from es-2-mirror.chaotic.c
x : Maximum file size exceeded
error: failed retrieving file 'key-mapper-git-1.2.1.r17.gf5bdafa-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from de-mirror.chaotic.cx
error: failed retrieving file 'key-mapper-git-1.2.1.r17.gf5bdafa-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from de-2-mirror.chaotic.c
error: failed retrieving file 'key-mapper-git-1.2.1.r17.gf5bdafa-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from de-3-mirror.chaotic.c
error: failed retrieving file 'key-mapper-git-1.2.1.r17.gf5bdafa-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from de-4-mirror.chaotic.c
error: failed retrieving file 'key-mapper-git-1.2.1.r17.gf5bdafa-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from be-bru-mirror.chaotic
.cx : The requested URL returned error: 500
error: failed retrieving file 'key-mapper-git-1.2.1.r17.gf5bdafa-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from br-mirror.chaotic.cx
error: failed retrieving file 'key-mapper-git-1.2.1.r17.gf5bdafa-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from kr-mirror.chaotic.cx
error: failed retrieving file 'key-mapper-git-1.2.1.r17.gf5bdafa-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from bg-mirror.chaotic.cx
error: failed retrieving file 'key-mapper-git-1.2.1.r17.gf5bdafa-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from ca-mirror.chaotic.cx
error: failed retrieving file 'key-mapper-git-1.2.1.r17.gf5bdafa-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from in-mirror.chaotic.cx
: The requested URL returned error: 500
warning: failed to retrieve some files
error: failed to commit transaction (failed to retrieve some files)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

Try.

There is an app 'garuda-update' that fixed it.

In terminal use 'update'

If missing use

sudo pacman -S garuda-update
4 Likes

Oh right. I just saw that and I forgot to put that command in to refresh garuda-update. Silly me! Works fine now, thank you!

It would be nice to have pamix in the repos. (not pamixer)

what is conflict to system settings?

There is something problem in the packages sometimes some essential packages like nohang are determined orphaned in my laptop
At this time i got kfiredragonhelper as orphaned in list

╭─ankur@ankur in ~ took 48s
 ╰─λ sudo pacman -S mpv
warning: mpv-1:0.34.0-2 is up to date -- reinstalling
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (1) mpv-1:0.34.0-2

Total Download Size:   1.37 MiB
Total Installed Size:  5.11 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:      0.00 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
:: Retrieving packages...
 mpv-1:0.34.0-2-x86_64                                                             1403.4 KiB   739 KiB/s 00:02 [-------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
(1/1) checking keys in keyring                                                                                  [-------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity                                                                                [-------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
(1/1) loading package files                                                                                     [-------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts                                                                               [-------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
(1/1) checking available disk space                                                                             [-------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
:: Running pre-transaction hooks...
(1/1) Performing snapper pre snapshots for the following configurations...
==> root: 252
:: Processing package changes...
(1/1) reinstalling mpv                                                                                          [-------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
:: Running post-transaction hooks...
(1/9) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...
(2/9) Foreign/AUR package notification
=> No foreign/AUR packages found.
(3/9) Updating icon theme caches...
(4/9) Orphaned package notification...
kfiredragonhelper 5.0.6-1
(5/9) Checking for .pacnew and .pacsave files...
(6/9) Updating pkgfile database...
(7/9) Updating the desktop file MIME type cache...
(8/9) Performing snapper post snapshots for the following configurations...
==> root: 253
(9/9) Syncing all file systems...

I don't know why because firedragon is installed in my system and i have not uninstalled it

Can someone please help me ? :slightly_frowning_face:

Hi, with the latest bauh I get this error:

Icon theme "elementary" not found.
Icon theme "gnome" not found.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/bauh/view/qt/window.py", line 702, in _finish_refresh_packages
if self.update_pkgs(res['installed'], as_installed=as_installed, types=res['types']):
File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/bauh/view/qt/window.py", line 964, in update_pkgs
self._update_table(pkgs_info=pkgs_info)
File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/bauh/view/qt/window.py", line 842, in _update_table
self._resize(accept_lower_width=len(self.pkgs) > 0)
File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/bauh/view/qt/window.py", line 1079, in _resize
self.resize(new_width, self.height())
TypeError: arguments did not match any overloaded call:
resize(self, QSize): argument 1 has unexpected type 'float'
resize(self, int, int): argument 1 has unexpected type 'float'
Fatal Python error: Aborted

Thread 0x00007f459effd640 (most recent call first):
File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/bauh/view/qt/thread.py", line 822 in run

Thread 0x00007f459f7fe640 (most recent call first):
File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/bauh/view/qt/prepare.py", line 140 in run

Thread 0x00007f45c77fe640 (most recent call first):
File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/bauh/view/util/cache.py", line 96 in run
File "/usr/lib/python3.10/threading.py", line 1009 in _bootstrap_inner
File "/usr/lib/python3.10/threading.py", line 966 in _bootstrap

Current thread 0x00007f45f7b5b740 (most recent call first):
File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/bauh/app.py", line 57 in main
File "/usr/bin/bauh", line 33 in <module>

Extension modules: PyQt5.QtCore, yaml._yaml, PyQt5.QtGui, PyQt5.QtWidgets, PyQt5.QtNetwork, lxml._elementpath,
lxml.etree (total: 7)
fish: Job 1, 'bauh' terminated by signal SIGABRT (Abort)
3 Likes

The new bauh update with the python fix will hit the repos in the next day or so, if you need it in the meantime, the 'bauh-staging' in AUR has been updated and works. You can switch to that version.

4 Likes

bpytop c++ would be nice to have :wink:

There is just bpytop-git in AUR :eyes:

2 Likes