Chaotic-AUR | Packages | Requests | Recompilation | Reports

@dr460nf1r3 since this fix works, can connman-git, connman-gtk-git, and cmst-git be added to chaotic?

Thanks!

1 Like

Wasnt aware of them not being present already, will add them later :blush:
And we will replace connman with networkmanager soon anyway, to have a unified way of using networks / providing support (eg. I don't even know how to operate it :sweat_smile:)

Edit: done :wink:

6 Likes

this is about requesting new packages, right ?

right now, chaotic-aur almost has everything i need. just 2 things:

bcache-tools 1.1-1
libgaminggear 0.15.1-8
roccat-tools-common 5.9.0-2
roccat-tools-kova2016 5.9.0-2
roccat-tools-ryosmk 5.9.0-2

bcache-tools is for enabling bcache, which allows my nvme to be used for cache for my 1T hdd. it ... is ... absolutely amazing to improve speed of the hdd. ( not to confuse with bcachefs-tools which is already on the repos ).

the other packages are roccat-tools, I have a roccat keyboard and mouse.

.... please ??? ....

1 Like

Sounds reasonable to me and the packages might actually be useful to other people so I added them.

6 Likes

thanks !! :slight_smile:

btw ... I came from gentoo where I use kde frameworks and plasma git.

I am new here, but so far liking it alot and using alot of packages from chaotic already. So I am offering my help in managing the kde git packages. ( my way of contributing a little, although I am new to the community and just a random stranger in the internet, i guess )

6 Likes

Is flightger added yet? I dont have my laptop rn.

FlightGear?

I'm currently doing few traffic laps with the Learjet over Balikpapan.

No, it is not included in the package. You have to tinker yourself.

ok, so installed some more packages from aur:

• hunspell pt_pt ( there are portuguese people out there, i promise ! )
  • elixir-ls and rebar3 ( there are coders for elixir out there, i promise this too ! )
  • gron ( Transform JSON (from a file, URL, or stdin) into discrete assignments to make it greppable ) -> sometimes this is all its needed

are rare-git and lxc-git not working for anyone else?

error: lxc-git: signature from "Pedro Henrique Lara Campos <[email protected]>" is invalid
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/lxc-git-4.0.0.r1925.gefbe49c67-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).

rare-git-1.6.2.r81.gb951c1a-1-any.pkg.tar.zst failed to download
error: failed retrieving file 'rare-git-1.6.2.r81.gb951c1a-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from geo-mirror.chaotic.cx : Maximum file size exceeded
error: failed retrieving file 'rare-git-1.6.2.r81.gb951c1a-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from cdn-mirror.chaotic.cx : Maximum file size exceeded
error: failed retrieving file 'rare-git-1.6.2.r81.gb951c1a-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from us-ut-mirror.chaotic.cx : Maximum file size exceeded
error: failed retrieving file 'rare-git-1.6.2.r81.gb951c1a-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from us-ca-mirror.chaotic.cx : Maximum file size exceeded
error: failed retrieving file 'rare-git-1.6.2.r81.gb951c1a-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from nl-mirror.chaotic.cx : Maximum file size exceeded
error: failed retrieving file 'rare-git-1.6.2.r81.gb951c1a-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from es-mirror.chaotic.cx : Maximum file size exceeded
error: failed retrieving file 'rare-git-1.6.2.r81.gb951c1a-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from es-2-mirror.chaotic.cx : Maximum file size exceeded
error: failed retrieving file 'rare-git-1.6.2.r81.gb951c1a-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from de-mirror.chaotic.cx : Maximum file size exceeded
error: failed retrieving file 'rare-git-1.6.2.r81.gb951c1a-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from de-2-mirror.chaotic.cx : Maximum file size exceeded
error: failed retrieving file 'rare-git-1.6.2.r81.gb951c1a-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from de-3-mirror.chaotic.cx : Maximum file size exceeded
error: failed retrieving file 'rare-git-1.6.2.r81.gb951c1a-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from de-4-mirror.chaotic.cx : Maximum file size exceeded
error: failed retrieving file 'rare-git-1.6.2.r81.gb951c1a-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from be-bru-mirror.chaotic.cx : Maximum file size exceeded
error: failed retrieving file 'rare-git-1.6.2.r81.gb951c1a-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from kr-mirror.chaotic.cx : Maximum file size exceeded
error: failed retrieving file 'rare-git-1.6.2.r81.gb951c1a-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from bg-mirror.chaotic.cx : Maximum file size exceeded
error: failed retrieving file 'rare-git-1.6.2.r81.gb951c1a-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from ca-mirror.chaotic.cx : Maximum file size exceeded
error: failed retrieving file 'rare-git-1.6.2.r81.gb951c1a-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from in-mirror.chaotic.cx : Maximum file size exceeded
warning: failed to retrieve some files
error: failed to commit transaction (download library error)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
1 Like

Ditto on rare-git. No difficulties with lxc-git however.

I got the same rare-git errors. It is a dependency of Epic’s Legendary GUI. If you uninstall Legendary and rare-git, then reinstall Legendary it chooses ‘rare’ instead from Chaotic-aur which works. :wink:

The packages were rebuilt and should be okay now. Thanks for reporting :slight_smile:

5 Likes

waydroid landed in AUR! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Guess what just arrived in Chaotic-AUR :wink:
Not sure how functional it is though. You also need waydroid-image btw

4 Likes

Guys what about spyder IDE. Is it possible to fix that. I think the spyder package is broken. Is anyone check spyder IDE recently?

Ask the packer mailto:[email protected]

5 Likes

I failed to build webcamoid the other day. I don't use cheese because i'm allergic and refuse to put cheese on anything. lol. Learning to build in chroot is on my list of things to do, but until then, I'd like to put webcamoid on the list, please. And if anyone knows of sane instructions for building in chroot, please share. Thanks for all the hard work, guys.

1 Like

@dr460nf1r3 Sorry to ask, but can kde apps be rebuilt with the new git version?

kwrite-git and kate-git are failing me with:
kwrite: error while loading shared libraries: libgit2.so.1.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Also ... can the a kwin-git be rebuilt ? an bug report that I submitted just got fixed. I tested it and its working with the aur package. ( the grid effect on kwin was broken, but now its better than ever :stuck_out_tongue: )

They will be rebuilt automatically, in a maximum interval of one day.
See here to know when given package will be rebuilt.

1 Like

you mean know when it will be rebuilt by the name of the file they are in? for example hourly or afternoon ?

1 Like