Everything about Chaotic-AUR packages

I've got a suggestion, but it's a tough one. I could possibly help with a little guidance. I'm willing, anyway... and if it's too much of a request for now, It's okay....but what about alma-git and some .toml files for making KDE Dragonized persistent USBs? I could start learning how to put together the .toml files if needed, but I'm not really aware how tough that would be. And it's possibly over my head. Maybe even persistent live USBs with an included installer that could be updated and you guys would be the first to make rolling release, updatable, persistent USB installers. I don't know if that's doable, but it seems possible to me.

4 Likes

Added. :slight_smile:

I'm totally down for that! :smiley: Just had a quick look at alma, looks pretty handy! The only things which might be an issue is compatibility and drivers as well as "replicating" every feature which is available in regular installations due to our build tools :eyes:
Having in mind it could be a feature limited USB version of dr460nized I still see value in this and added alma-git to the repo - what about you just have a look at it and report back after getting a feel for how it works? :grin:

3 Likes

Yes, sir. I've actually already got a feel for it from working with it in another distro, but it takes some special files with a .toml extension. I need to look into it to see how complicated they are to put together. and the rolling release, updatable installer is my own idea. Seems cool. Imagine not having to look for and download the latest iso; just boot your persistent computer on a stick, update it with pacman, and it's always ready to install the latest version. This is the first I've shared the idea publicly.

Unfortunately, when I switched to Garuda I trashed my home partition to make it btrfs and lost my alma work directory so I'll have to spend a little time getting it all back together and sorted.

3 Likes

I would like to install BiglyBT , however it won't install without jna . and jna seems to be missing

Just optional, if you need you must build.

2021-08-09_23-18_1

1 Like

@dr460nf1r3 since this fix works, can connman-git, connman-gtk-git, and cmst-git be added to chaotic?

Thanks!

1 Like

Wasnt aware of them not being present already, will add them later :blush:
And we will replace connman with networkmanager soon anyway, to have a unified way of using networks / providing support (eg. I don't even know how to operate it :sweat_smile:)

Edit: done :wink:

5 Likes

this is about requesting new packages, right ?

right now, chaotic-aur almost has everything i need. just 2 things:

bcache-tools 1.1-1
libgaminggear 0.15.1-8
roccat-tools-common 5.9.0-2
roccat-tools-kova2016 5.9.0-2
roccat-tools-ryosmk 5.9.0-2

bcache-tools is for enabling bcache, which allows my nvme to be used for cache for my 1T hdd. it ... is ... absolutely amazing to improve speed of the hdd. ( not to confuse with bcachefs-tools which is already on the repos ).

the other packages are roccat-tools, I have a roccat keyboard and mouse.

.... please ??? ....

1 Like

Sounds reasonable to me and the packages might actually be useful to other people so I added them.

5 Likes

thanks !! :slight_smile:

btw ... I came from gentoo where I use kde frameworks and plasma git.

I am new here, but so far liking it alot and using alot of packages from chaotic already. So I am offering my help in managing the kde git packages. ( my way of contributing a little, although I am new to the community and just a random stranger in the internet, i guess )

5 Likes

Is flightger added yet? I dont have my laptop rn.

FlightGear?

I'm currently doing few traffic laps with the Learjet over Balikpapan.

No, it is not included in the package. You have to tinker yourself.

ok, so installed some more packages from aur:

• hunspell pt_pt ( there are portuguese people out there, i promise ! )
  • elixir-ls and rebar3 ( there are coders for elixir out there, i promise this too ! )
  • gron ( Transform JSON (from a file, URL, or stdin) into discrete assignments to make it greppable ) -> sometimes this is all its needed

are rare-git and lxc-git not working for anyone else?

error: lxc-git: signature from "Pedro Henrique Lara Campos <[email protected]>" is invalid
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/lxc-git-4.0.0.r1925.gefbe49c67-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).

rare-git-1.6.2.r81.gb951c1a-1-any.pkg.tar.zst failed to download
error: failed retrieving file 'rare-git-1.6.2.r81.gb951c1a-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from geo-mirror.chaotic.cx : Maximum file size exceeded
error: failed retrieving file 'rare-git-1.6.2.r81.gb951c1a-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from cdn-mirror.chaotic.cx : Maximum file size exceeded
error: failed retrieving file 'rare-git-1.6.2.r81.gb951c1a-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from us-ut-mirror.chaotic.cx : Maximum file size exceeded
error: failed retrieving file 'rare-git-1.6.2.r81.gb951c1a-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from us-ca-mirror.chaotic.cx : Maximum file size exceeded
error: failed retrieving file 'rare-git-1.6.2.r81.gb951c1a-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from nl-mirror.chaotic.cx : Maximum file size exceeded
error: failed retrieving file 'rare-git-1.6.2.r81.gb951c1a-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from es-mirror.chaotic.cx : Maximum file size exceeded
error: failed retrieving file 'rare-git-1.6.2.r81.gb951c1a-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from es-2-mirror.chaotic.cx : Maximum file size exceeded
error: failed retrieving file 'rare-git-1.6.2.r81.gb951c1a-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from de-mirror.chaotic.cx : Maximum file size exceeded
error: failed retrieving file 'rare-git-1.6.2.r81.gb951c1a-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from de-2-mirror.chaotic.cx : Maximum file size exceeded
error: failed retrieving file 'rare-git-1.6.2.r81.gb951c1a-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from de-3-mirror.chaotic.cx : Maximum file size exceeded
error: failed retrieving file 'rare-git-1.6.2.r81.gb951c1a-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from de-4-mirror.chaotic.cx : Maximum file size exceeded
error: failed retrieving file 'rare-git-1.6.2.r81.gb951c1a-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from be-bru-mirror.chaotic.cx : Maximum file size exceeded
error: failed retrieving file 'rare-git-1.6.2.r81.gb951c1a-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from kr-mirror.chaotic.cx : Maximum file size exceeded
error: failed retrieving file 'rare-git-1.6.2.r81.gb951c1a-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from bg-mirror.chaotic.cx : Maximum file size exceeded
error: failed retrieving file 'rare-git-1.6.2.r81.gb951c1a-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from ca-mirror.chaotic.cx : Maximum file size exceeded
error: failed retrieving file 'rare-git-1.6.2.r81.gb951c1a-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from in-mirror.chaotic.cx : Maximum file size exceeded
warning: failed to retrieve some files
error: failed to commit transaction (download library error)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
1 Like

Ditto on rare-git. No difficulties with lxc-git however.

I got the same rare-git errors. It is a dependency of Epic's Legendary GUI. If you uninstall Legendary and rare-git, then reinstall Legendary it chooses 'rare' instead from Chaotic-aur which works. :wink:

The packages were rebuilt and should be okay now. Thanks for reporting :slight_smile:

4 Likes

waydroid landed in AUR! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Guess what just arrived in Chaotic-AUR :wink:
Not sure how functional it is though. You also need waydroid-image btw

3 Likes

Guys what about spyder IDE. Is it possible to fix that. I think the spyder package is broken. Is anyone check spyder IDE recently?