Error updating through setup assistant

Hi guys, so I reinstalled Garuda on my external SSD after booting through my USB. It's installed on said SSD now and I went through the setup assistant. It fetched the best mirror list which was UK based and only Https, but I have errors when updating and I don't know why. It's literally a fresh install so makes no sense to me. I said yes to every option afaik before the long download procedure. Please check the log below as it's a lot of text. Thanks.

You need to update your mirrors. The command/alias upd will do all the work for you.

And a forum search would have gotten you this answer a lot faster. Jus' sayin'.

3 Likes

Do as @anon72786180 says, but, per your output, there were three mirrors in your previous run that messed stuff up. If they show up again, comment them out. Your D/L speeds were in the Kib/s. Eesh! :wink:

2 Likes

Okay so I did that, although I couldn't find information on this command, and the update worked just fine. But then after going through the setup wizard choosing software I wanted it started downloading and then failed somewhere I lost now. And now the software store has been removed?! Lol wtf happened

Nevermind, just installed Pamac. Not sure why the setup assistant doesn't do things such as run the upd command though. Or even just the option. But glad everything installed. Been an awkward experience so far though. Had to find out about this command and then it still failed and I lost the software store and reran it. Seems cool now though. Hopefully was just a dodgy start because of mirrors.

And look at all that you've learned in the process. :wink:

Linux has the ability to overwhelm. The objective is to tame that bitch beast--own it!--in whatever distribution you're running. And that is a valuable learning process.

When you're no longer afraid of it--that's when the real fun begins.
:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

I have seen numerous threads in the last year complaining that the setup assistant didn't install some (or all) of the programs they wanted correctly. The program is intended to be an "assistant", if the programs don't install properly via the assistant it's no big deal. Simply install them yourself. You might actually learn how pacman and Arch work if you give it a whirl. The terminal won't take off your fingers if you make a mistake or two while your learning.

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.