Duplicate Entries in Grub Menu

Recently I have extra entries in my Grub menu that I can't seem to get rid of. Any Ideas on how to get this back to Garuda stock without all the duplicate entries?

When I do a grub-update or reinstall of grub I get the following

Fix 'GRUB' and 'os-prober' after upgrading either of them
===> INFO: grub-tools / grub-fix-initrd-generation:
===> INFO: /etc/grub.d/30_os-prober changed. See file /var/log/grub-fix-initrd-generation.log.
===> INFO: /etc/grub.d/10_linux changed. See file /var/log/grub-fix-initrd-generation.log.
Generating grub configuration file ...
Found theme: /usr/share/grub/themes/garuda/theme.txt
Found linux image: /boot/vmlinuz-linux-zen
Found initrd image: /boot/amd-ucode.img /boot/initramfs-linux-zen.img
Found fallback initrd image(s) in /boot: initramfs-linux-zen-fallback.img
Found Windows Boot Manager on /dev/[email protected]/EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi
Found Garuda Linux on /dev/nvme0n1p5
Found Windows Boot Manager on /dev/[email protected]/EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi
Detecting snapshots ...
Info: Separate boot partition not detected 
Found snapshot: 2021-04-02 15:38:06 | timeshift-btrfs/snapshots/2021-04-02_15-38-06/@
Found snapshot: 2021-04-02 13:50:33 | timeshift-btrfs/snapshots/2021-04-02_13-50-33/@
Found snapshot: 2021-04-01 16:23:04 | timeshift-btrfs/snapshots/2021-04-01_16-23-04/@
Found snapshot: 2021-03-30 16:16:35 | timeshift-btrfs/snapshots/2021-03-30_16-16-35/@
Found snapshot: 2021-03-30 15:01:30 | timeshift-btrfs/snapshots/2021-03-30_15-01-30/@
Found 5 snapshot(s)
Found memtest86+ image: /boot/memtest86+/memtest.bin
/usr/bin/grub-probe: warning: unknown device type nvme0n1.
done

I've tried removing the .bak files from /etc/grub.d/ but after updating grub the duplicates are still there. Below is a screenshot of the config files in that directory.

image of all the duplicate entries

Uninstall grub-customizer and its files.
Check which package owns the files in /etc/grub.d/ and remove customizer's.

bash -c 'pacman -Qo /etc/grub.d/*'
1 Like

That's a useful command, adding it to my list of favorites.

I had already uninstalled grub-customizer (I originally installed in an attempt to trim down the entries on grub), but it just made things worse. Unfortunately this means some of the configs showed as having no owner. I decided to just nuke the whole folder and reinstall grub and other default grub packages. This seems to have done the trick. Thank you

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.