Ah! ok so you can only boot into garuda atm
you cannot boot into windows? or other
Is that correct?

2 Likes

That's right.

Just a guess here had to do similar
Ok that is why osprober cannot see it.
Make sure you have secure boot disabled and fastboot disabled
You will need to fix windows boot first with the window live usb first follow windows instructions for this.
Once you have windows booting it will break garuda boot but thats ok, then use live garuda usb and goto garuda assistant and fix grub boot there.

4 Likes

When I moved to Linux (Kubuntu) 11 years ago, I never chose dual-booting. That is because Microsoft is notorious for having their OS installer overwriting the disk's bootloader. Fast forward this year, under Garuda Linux, I still refuse to dual-boot.

What I do is to run a Virtualbox VM for my Windows 7 and Windows 10 apps (which I only execute around once a month tops).

I don't think Windows behavior will change. It always assume it is the only OS you'll ever use for your PC.

2 Likes

Thank you @Maynne for the tip. I may very well go that route, although one of the reasons I think I need to keep Windows for now is VR. I have an Oculus Rift and haven't found a way to run it yet.

@virgintee, I would resolve the EFI/MBR partitioning scheme first. Pick one, then stay with it. It can be resolved in some systems; others are not so. Please read the relevant ArchWiki section: EFI system partition - ArchWiki

And Iā€™m not kidding about that. Otherwise you take up the valuable time of well-intentioned helpers. Carry your weight.

5 Likes